Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Jeopardy Announces 60th Anniversary Plans  (Read 1791 times)

DoItRockapella

Jeopardy Announces 60th Anniversary Plans
« on: March 18, 2024, 05:07:06 PM »
Just listened to today's (2/18) Inside Jeopardy podcast - they're announcing some of their plans for the show's 60th anniversary.

https://www.jeopardy.com/about/60th-diamond-celebration

A few highlights:

• The first Inside Jeopardy Live will take place in New York on Friday, April 12. Tickets go on sale on Wednesday, March 27 - https://www.edgenyc.com/en/jeopardy This will supposedly be the beginning of a larger tour.
  • Jeopardy-branded bar trivia will be rolled out nationwide later this year.
  • Michael Davies claims there is more in the works that he can't announce yet.

I have my doubts some of this will ever happen - the last time they announced an Inside Jeopardy Live in New York, it was canceled before tickets even went on sale - but there you go.

BrandonFG

Re: Jeopardy Announces 60th Anniversary Plans
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2024, 09:07:10 PM »
You had me at Jeopardy-branded bar trivia.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Mr. Matté

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2024, 09:33:39 PM »
You had me at Jeopardy-branded bar trivia.

And finally... celibacy.

byrd62

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2024, 12:36:48 AM »
If Sony can acknowledge Jeopardy!'s 60th anniversary, then I think they really should do the same for Wheel as it reaches its 50th next January.

steveleb

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2024, 04:09:54 AM »
That’s honestly an excellent idea.  Assuming Pat wants to be involved, it’s a way to engage viewers and make the pivot to Ryan a tad easier.

I strongly suggest you find a way to attend whatever event j! Does, where the likelihood of someone like Suzanne is attending, and push the sheer logic of it, emphasizing the merch upside.

Neumms

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2024, 03:32:14 PM »
I hope they’ll rebuild the old set and play a week on it. Pull cards, handwritten Final Jeopardy, scoreboards presumably LED monitors but carefully designed to look like the originals. They could either multiply the winner’s score by 20 or use the set for a tournament.

colonial

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2024, 03:47:26 PM »
Davies suggested a while back that he was looking into putting together a Jeopardy-themed bar trivia game, so I'm curious how it turns out.

JD

Bob Zager

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2024, 04:09:01 PM »
There was mention about exclusive Jeopardy! merchandise coming in the future.  Some is now available for preorder.  This three-piece pin set impressed me the most:

https://thejeopardystore.com/collections/jeopar-day-collection/products/jeopardy-pin-set

I would've liked seeing among the pins in the set, one featuring the original series logo, in the orange colored oval.  I recall contestant's on the short-lived weekly syndicated show in 1974-1975, having rather tall mugs, for their water on their desks

TimK2003

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2024, 05:26:26 PM »
Aaaaaannd today, March 30th, marks the 60th anniversary of Jeopardy's maiden voyage on NBC.

Alex, Art and Don are likely swapping stories at the big bonus land in the sky.

Happy Anniversary, J!

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2024, 02:06:23 AM »
I would've liked seeing among the pins in the set, one featuring the original series logo, in the orange colored oval.  I recall contestant's on the short-lived weekly syndicated show in 1974-1975, having rather tall mugs, for their water on their desks
The script logo is….a choice. Not using the original logo for a 1964 capsule collection was a huge miss.
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.