Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Patton Oswalt to host U.S. take on "The 1% Club"  (Read 1256 times)

colonial

Patton Oswalt to host U.S. take on "The 1% Club"
« on: March 04, 2024, 12:44:57 PM »
https://deadline.com/2024/03/patton-oswalt-host-amazon-game-show-the-1-per-cent-club-fox-1235844228/

Actor and comedian Patton Oswalt has been tapped to host the U.S. version of the popular British game "The 1% Club," which is expected to premiere this spring on Amazon Prime.

In a bit of a surprise, it was also revealed that Amazon Prime found a broadcast partner for the show in Fox, which will "broadcast each episode after its streaming debut." Fox has worked with Amazon Prime before on other projects, including the popular Amazon animated series "Hazbin Hotel," but this appears to be a first-of-its-kind broadcasting deal between the two.

JD

DoItRockapella

Re: Patton Oswalt to host U.S. take on "The 1% Club"
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2024, 06:31:45 PM »
I guess while we're talking about Fox, at least part of their summer schedule is out. There is no mention of The 1% Club.

https://www.nexttv.com/news/fox-shares-summer-premieres

The game shows:

May 16: I Can See Your Voice
Don't Forget The Lyrics

May 28: Beat Shazam (with Jamie Foxx back as host)
The Quiz With Balls

June 3: Name That Tune

As I've said, while The Quiz With Balls sounds awful IMO, at least Fox is doing a new game show that isn't music identification.

That Don Guy

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2024, 10:30:53 PM »
I guess while we're talking about Fox, at least part of their summer schedule is out. There is no mention of The 1% Club.

Not surprising, as they just announced the show. I doubt they could get it produced in time for summer.

Besides, Fox is going to have two additional hours a week to fill starting in October when WWE Smackdown leaves the network.

Kevin Prather

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2024, 10:46:51 PM »

Not surprising, as they just announced the show. I doubt they could get it produced in time for summer.

The first season is already in the can.

trainman

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2024, 01:39:48 AM »
Contestant tryouts were back in May and June of 2023, and it was originally supposed to tape in July 2023 but was delayed because of the strikes -- it ended up taping in February.

(Potential contestants were only told that it was a "quiz show for a major streaming service," but from the sample questions I was given over Zoom, I figured out what it was. I didn't make it on as a contestant -- they called me to be a standby for one of the last couple of taping days, but it was very short notice for a very early call time for a promised payment of only $100, and I actually have a 9-to-5 day job like a regular person.)
trainman is a man of trains

colonial

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2024, 11:15:55 AM »
Amazon released its premiere date schedule for May, and it appears "The 1% Club" will debut on the streamer May 23 with new episodes airing weekly. The show will premiere on Fox June 1.

https://press.amazonmgmstudios.com/us/en/original-series/the-1-club/1

JD

Clay Zambo

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2024, 01:03:27 PM »
*SO* looking forward to this!
czambo@mac.com

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2024, 01:21:37 PM »
I saw a FOX start date of June 3.  That date makes more sense since it's a Monday vs. a Saturday, and Name That Tune returns that date.

I echo what Clay said.  Having seen the UK and Aussie shows, I am very eager for this.

colonial

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2024, 02:11:46 PM »
It is June 3 on Fox. Typo on my part -- apologies.

JD

parliboy

• Which of my enemies told you I was paranoid?
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2024, 02:31:11 PM »
Show I tried out for and didn't get on.  Usually I'm just "whatever" about that.  This one, I was disappointed.  Legitimately my favorite import format in a LONG time.
"You're never ready, just less unprepared."