Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Jay Pharoah to host "The Quiz with Balls" for Fox, summer 2024  (Read 4493 times)

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
Re: Jay Pharoah to host "The Quiz with Balls" for Fox, summer 2024
« Reply #45 on: February 27, 2024, 05:51:58 PM »
I remember back in 2013, not too long after I was on Millionaire, someone from my home town went on Wheel and did particularly well. She won the game and about $16,000 IIRC.

I tend to mark out when I see people from my hometown do things on television, even if I don’t know them personally, and when I read about it in the local news a few days after the fact I left a comment saying how proud everybody should be of her.

Immediately after this I had this one guy start giving me shit about how I was jealous of her, how I was just trying to get with her, and just picking and picking and picking at it. He kept it going for months on end, bringing her name up at random points well after the fact, until finally I just said to him “do you live in a bush in her front yard or something? She’s moved on with her life, move on with yours.” Didn’t hear another peep from him after that.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2024, 07:20:29 PM by PYLdude »
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

mmb5

« Reply #46 on: February 27, 2024, 07:37:32 PM »
Some of you know I purchased Kevin Olmstead's house when he won on Millionaire.  In the fifteen years I lived there, I only had one encounter with a fan.  It was a marriage proposal from a Florida prison.
Portions of this post not affecting the outcome have been edited or recreated.

Loogaroo

« Reply #47 on: February 27, 2024, 09:17:30 PM »
Or, as I remember, someone who tracked down a contestant from an infamous game show episode that had aired 30 years prior and gave her an unsolicited invitation to a convention where my friends and I were hosting an event.

I've no idea who said contestant was, who extended said invitation or what said event was.

And that is 100% intentional, because you don't need to know the names of either party.
You're in a room. You're wearing a silly hat.
There are letters on the floor. They spell "NOPE".