Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: New versions of "Scrabble" and "Trivial Pursuit" on CW?  (Read 2416 times)

byrd62

New versions of "Scrabble" and "Trivial Pursuit" on CW?
« on: February 15, 2024, 12:13:32 AM »
Probably.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2024, 12:15:29 AM by JasonA1 »

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
Re: New versions of "Scrabble" and "Trivial Pursuit" on CW?
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2024, 12:15:54 AM »
You linked to our "create a new topic" page. :)

This is what you meant I think.

https://variety.com/2024/tv/news/trivial-pursuit-scrabble-game-shows-the-cw-1235911665/

-Jason
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck

BrandonFG

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2024, 12:23:02 AM »
Remember a few years ago when CW had Save to Win on Saturday mornings? Wonder if they plan to do the same here...neither show feels like it would fit the primetime lineup, given what CW airs nowadays. I know they've had other game or reality shows, but I'm trying to envision this.

Looking at their website, maybe it would fit but it feels like something that should be in daytime.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

steveleb

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2024, 06:43:20 AM »
All indications are this will fill a night of prime time cost-effectively the way the network had used other unscripted stuff like Whose Line.  Lower cost, demographically broad, as CW (they have dropped the THE) under Nexstar embraces.

In a world where its four broadcast competitors embrace classic titles and look decent to beancounters this isn’t shocking.

And given Heather’s background it would be premature to think we will see anything in either show that will resemble what Chuck and Wink did. 

Take the win.

trainman

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2024, 01:43:07 AM »
...as CW (they have dropped the THE)...

They've dropped the word "the" from the logo, but they're still calling the network "The CW" (source: this Variety article from last month about the rebranding that quotes the network's own chief marketing officer calling it "The CW").
trainman is a man of trains

colonial

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2024, 01:53:01 PM »
Casting pages for both shows are now online through Casting Crane. It appears taping for both series will take place in June and July ... in Ireland. (There is a question on both forms asking if wannabe contestants have valid passports)

JD

colonial

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2024, 02:21:22 PM »
https://www.tmz.com/2024/04/10/levar-burton-host-executive-produce-deal-trivial-pursuit-official/

And it appears LeVar Burton will be involved with this Trivial Pursuit revival after all, with TMZ reporting he will hist and serve as an executive producer for this version.

JD

steveleb

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2024, 03:26:15 AM »
Ireland has apparently become the new venue of choice for prime time game shows.  Wonder if it’s only because the craft services tables serve Guinness?

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2024, 11:13:54 AM »
Anybody else troubled by all this runaway production? Used to be taboo.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

nowhammies10

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2024, 01:16:19 PM »
Can't say that I am. Sorry!