The Game Show Forum > The Big Board

After Midnight observations

(1/5) > >>

whewfan:
First observation, I saw some of a recent episode with Jerry O'Connell on the panel, and it seems the producers feel the show needs more clarity, so now the show has a "Pyramid" style opening with clips from past shows before the show starts.

Second observation... producers, if you want to secure Taylor Tomlinson's career and also, her dignity, NEVER have Jerry O'Connell on the show again! He's just not funny! He buzzes in before he even HAS a response, then struggles to come up with anything remotely funny. It was painful to watch.

BrandonFG:
From what I understand, as we get closer to the Super Bowl the guests will get better. But we’re going into week 4 and this is one of the few shows that air in order. Just relax and let them find their footing. Even Taylor has made fun of people judging the show too soon. If you remember Conan O’Brien and Jimmy Fallon were abysmal when their shows first started.

whewfan:
Taylor is doing just fine. The guests are going to be hit and miss. One of the segments I saw on this episode was "Talk Show" where Taylor simply asks questions to the guest as if they're on a talk show. Not a lot of laughs, and now we know why After Midnight ISN'T a talk show. I also think Smash or Not Smash is too subjective and a waste of time. I guess they'll figure out which segments work best and there are bound to be klunkers. Just as there have been pricing games on TPIR that were klunkers.

BrandonFG:
I see.

tvwxman:

--- Quote from: BrandonFG on February 03, 2024, 11:04:42 AM ---.....Jimmy Fallon were still is abysmal......

--- End quote ---

Nice guy, lousy talk show host.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version