Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The Chase (and other prime time gs status)  (Read 3309 times)

rwalker

The Chase (and other prime time gs status)
« on: January 31, 2024, 11:34:57 AM »
Is the Chase returning for a new season? Their social page doesn't give any indication of if or when

Presumably when pyl is done Thursday, it'll be awhile before it's back. Pyramid? Maybe summer?

El Cheapo

Re: The Chase (and other prime time gs status)
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2024, 04:47:55 PM »
Password returns on March 12 at 10pm Eastern.  From the press release:

“Password” season two includes even more celebrity guests, including Chance the Rapper, Laverne Cox, Nikki & Brie Garcia, Lauren Graham, Wiz Khalifa, Jimmy Kimmel, Johnny Knoxville, Liza Koshy, Howie Mandel, Joe Manganiello, Joel McHale, Meghan Trainor, Lindsey Vonn and Roy Wood Jr.

Changes in game play:

Season two of “Password” will continue to draw upon gameplay elements from past versions of the hit format but will also include new series additions. New this season, “Shoot the Moon!” can be played when a contestant first sees the password and is confident that they can get their teammate to guess it with just one clue; that player can then tell Palmer they want to “Shoot the Moon!”. If they correctly guess the password with one clue, they’ll get eight points instead of the usual six. But, if they get it wrong, their opponent will get a chance to steal.

New for tiebreakers, Palmer will take creative license to deliver clues in her own voice with the opportunity to “perform” the words until one contestant buzzes in with an answer, instead of the show presenting clues. In addition, the second round of games in each episode now includes a special category or theme that relates to all the passwords in that round.

Also new, “Password Prize of the Night” randomly selects a moment during the game where a special sound will play to signify that the next password is also worth a fabulous prize.

Loogaroo

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2024, 04:07:50 PM »
Pretty sure Weakest Link has about a half-dozen episodes left to air before they make any decision about a fourth season.
You're in a room. You're wearing a silly hat.
There are letters on the floor. They spell "NOPE".

rwalker

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2024, 02:51:24 PM »
Pretty sure Weakest Link has about a half-dozen episodes left to air before they make any decision about a fourth season.

Reruns showed up in my new Tablo. Fun redoing season recordings when you get new devices

rwalker

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2024, 02:17:56 PM »
The Chase fb page seems to promote other ABC shows. Smells like cancelation

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2024, 02:42:57 PM »
I am not sure I can think of two people I need to see play Password LESS than the Bella Twins.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

rwalker

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2024, 03:48:38 PM »
I am not sure I can think of two people I need to see play Password LESS than the Bella Twins.

I watched half an episode and Jimmy stunk up the place. Not impressed

steveleb

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2024, 07:03:43 PM »
And yet.. season one ratings were excellent by today’s modest standards.

Fallon is not a traditional game producer and it appears nbc is far
More interested in entertainment driven competitions—hence why it is so committed to moving as shiny floor a game as ever as DOND to a mud pile scrum.

So anyone who expects password to be played for anything more than the laughs that Jimmy’s skits have produced THIS century will have to be satisfied with BUZZR

BrandonFG

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2024, 10:46:37 AM »

I went out to dinner last night and the show was on one of the TVs. Even with it being on mute I found myself annoyed. Piggybacking off Steve’s point, why NBC feels its shows need to be so over-the-top and overproduced, I don’t know. There’s modern and then there’s NBC.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2024, 01:56:52 PM »

I went out to dinner last night and the show was on one of the TVs. Even with it being on mute I found myself annoyed. Piggybacking off Steve’s point, why NBC feels its shows need to be so over-the-top and overproduced, I don’t know. There’s modern and then there’s NBC.

Well, something other than The Voice, Sunday Night Football, and Dick Wolf has to draw ratings, doesn’t it?

(Not that you’re wrong, BFG, because you’re not)
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

rwalker

« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2024, 04:01:46 PM »
Peyton on the NBC Olympic ads. I'd say College Bowl will be one of their shows that leads up to the opening ceremony

TimK2003

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2024, 05:43:49 PM »

Well, something other than The Voice, Sunday Night Football, and Dick Wolf has to draw ratings, doesn’t it?

(Not that you’re wrong, BFG, because you’re not)

I say the same thing about a lot of the FOX game/reality programming -- over-produced, over-the-top, etc...

Loogaroo

« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2024, 04:09:47 PM »
Weakest Link returns on April 2nd to air the remainder of the S3 episodes taped in 2022. Episodes will air on Tuesdays at 9PM ET/8PM CT until the week of May 20th, when the show moves to Mondays at 10PM ET/9PM CT.
You're in a room. You're wearing a silly hat.
There are letters on the floor. They spell "NOPE".

rwalker

« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2024, 09:48:08 PM »
Weakest Link returns on April 2nd to air the remainder of the S3 episodes taped in 2022. Episodes will air on Tuesdays at 9PM ET/8PM CT until the week of May 20th, when the show moves to Mondays at 10PM ET/9PM CT.

Interesting to see them promote DOOL, after they moved it to Peacock