Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Game Shows "On The Move"  (Read 3629 times)

knagl

• Executive Producer
Re: Game Shows "On The Move"
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2024, 11:21:16 PM »
I saw that tent when I visited for the last TCONA. That did not look very big from the outside, and I can’t imagine it was bigger on the inside.

The set in the tent wasn't huge, but it certainly didn't feel small, either.

To the topic at hand, Dick Clark hosted Pyramid in three locations: Hollywood, and in New York City at the Ed Sullivan and Elysee Theaters.

...and Strahan Pyramid started in New York and is now in California, right?

Kevin Prather

« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2024, 11:36:33 PM »
I saw that tent when I visited for the last TCONA. That did not look very big from the outside, and I can’t imagine it was bigger on the inside.

From what I recall, the set in Stamford wasn't much bigger than the one in the tent, if at all.

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2024, 02:18:05 PM »

From what I recall, the set in Stamford wasn't much bigger than the one in the tent, if at all.

See, I was under the impression that once that set took on its HD ready form (wanna say Meredith’s last year, maybe the year before?), it basically stayed like that for the rest of its life in syndication. They just broke it down and reassembled it when they needed to and where they needed.

Because outside of swapping the set pieces at center stage, from the circular desk that looked like a garbage can to the giant Lucite table to the two stands, there didn’t seem to be a whole lot that I noticed as the years went on.

If I’m wrong, though,so it shall be. 🙂
« Last Edit: February 03, 2024, 02:54:56 PM by PYLdude »
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

Kevin Prather

« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2024, 03:45:21 PM »
See, I was under the impression that once that set took on its HD ready form (wanna say Meredith’s last year, maybe the year before?), it basically stayed like that for the rest of its life in syndication.

I agree. You were on the show when they were in Stamford, right?

jw2001

« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2024, 06:28:33 PM »
Double Dare originally taped at WHYY in Philadelphia from 1986 to 1989. The show briefly relocated to the Unitel Theater in NYC during the summer of 1987. Super Sloppy DD moved from Philly to Universal Studios in Orlando halfway through its 1989 season, where it remained until Family DD ended production in 1992.

ClockGameJohn

« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2024, 04:33:00 AM »
Double Dare originally taped at WHYY in Philadelphia from 1986 to 1989.

I was there!  ;D ;D ;D

jw2001

« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2024, 01:54:26 PM »
Double Dare originally taped at WHYY in Philadelphia from 1986 to 1989.

I was there!  ;D ;D ;D

Oh wow!! That is so cool! I love the pictures. Very nice view of the Obstacle Course area!

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2024, 04:17:48 PM »
See, I was under the impression that once that set took on its HD ready form (wanna say Meredith’s last year, maybe the year before?), it basically stayed like that for the rest of its life in syndication.

I agree. You were on the show when they were in Stamford, right?

I was at 106 and Park, the last year the show was still taping in New York.

They left for Stamford after the season wrapped taping in the late fall. Felt kinda disappointed in the end that it happened; they really wanted to get people to come out for the show in Spanish Harlem and it seemed like every store and cafe in the neighborhood had ads for tickets.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022