The Game Show Forum > The Big Board

New York City

(1/7) > >>

Neumms:
I'll be visiting NYC for fun next month and wonder two things: Does anyone have any picks to ask for at the Paley Center? (I'm hoping for a Jack Kelly $ale of the Century.) And are any game shows taping in New York around now?

BrandonFG:
Dunno if it’s taping right now but Generation Gap is now in New York.

EDIT: These episodes might still be on Youtube, but there's also a few shows from the Andy Warhol Collection. Money Maze, High Rollers, and I wanna say Gambit.

SuperMatch93:

--- Quote from: Neumms on January 25, 2024, 03:44:23 PM ---Does anyone have any picks to ask for at the Paley Center? (I'm hoping for a Jack Kelly $ale of the Century.)

--- End quote ---

They don't have any Sale, but they have two Clayton eps of Concentration; one of them is a CoC final!

Other stuff I saw there is an hour-long Marshall Squares, a Woolery Wheel ep that isn't circulating, an episode of What's My Line from 1950 that isn't on YouTube, and a contestant's five day Jeopardy run from 1972. Also, if you're interested, there's a Magnificent Marble Machine episode that isn't circulating; it hasn't been digitized, so you'll need to ask for it at the desk (the catalog lists it as "Marble Machine") and play it on one of their VTRs at the back.

Nick:
I second checking out the Money Maze episode that they have.  It was a fun watch.

The first thing I went for on my first visit way back when was the episode of the NBC version of Jackpot that immediately precedes the one on the trading circuit (Maybe you could remind me what happened).  They've also got one episode of the Arte Johnson-hosted Knockout too.

I watched the pilot for You're Putting Me On on one visit.  I think they had to pull a tape for that one (Should mention it was at the now-closed Beverly Hills location.  Not sure what the availability is like for the non-digitized shows in New York).  One of the curators was kind enough, when he knew I came to see game shows, to pull me tapes of Say When and Mike Stokey's Pantomime Quiz.

I think the simplest thing to do would be to head to the Archive and see what you can find that they have.

That Don Guy:
This was something like 15 years ago when I went, but it didn't seem to me that they had very much in terms of shows that don't have at least one other episode on YouTube. IIRC, I saw a 1950s Name That Tune, an episode of Gambit, and what I think was NBC's first episode of G.E. College Bowl. (I saw a fourth show, but I can't remember what it was - at the time, each person was limited to 2 hours' worth of shows.)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version