Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Won 5. Could've won 50.  (Read 969 times)

Jeremy Nelson

Won 5. Could've won 50.
« on: January 23, 2024, 10:00:18 PM »
The Jeopardy Ultimate Tournament of Champions was the show's way of giving the retired champs a make good on their 5 game cap reversal, but short of inviting all of them back to play regular season games ala Blockbusters, there weren't a lot of ways to equitably solve that problem.

So, let's do the next best thing- speculate. If we dropped all of the retired five game champs into post-season 20 Jeopardy, who's pulling off the longest win streak? Make the assumption that we're dropping them off at the age they were originally on the show.
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

parliboy

• Which of my enemies told you I was paranoid?
Re: Won 5. Could've won 50.
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2024, 10:50:30 PM »
Jerome Vered.  Best Coryats of any five day champ.
"You're never ready, just less unprepared."

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2024, 10:53:19 PM »
Jerome Vered.  Best Coryats of any five day champ.
my concern is that hre seemed lost on pop culture. Maybe not so bad in DJ but how far might Roger Craig havegon3 if his eighth game was a lock.

I’ll throw in some love for Bob Verini just because.
Travis L. Eberle

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2024, 11:02:02 PM »
Judging by how he performed in every subsequent appearance up until the GOAT tournament, Brad Rutter easily could’ve kept a long streak going. I could definitely see him ringing up 35 or 40 in a row, if things fell right.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

parliboy

• Which of my enemies told you I was paranoid?
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2024, 11:19:37 PM »
Jerome averaged 5 more right answers per regular game than Brad and 8 more than Bob.

He really was that good, yo.
"You're never ready, just less unprepared."