Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: New Jaleel White Game Show For Fall 24.  (Read 6061 times)

steveleb

Re: New Jaleel White Game Show For Fall 24.
« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2024, 01:45:06 PM »
I’m glad to see that many of you are now wise to the “economics” of first run syndication as AMG defines it.
Amazed that other people found out the dirty little secret that Byron renumbered earlier episodes using the pandemic as a rationale, when the truth be told his was the only show that didn’t figure out a way to make new shows.
Truth be told their station lineup was indifferent.  As we know ratings for originals and repeats are almost indistinguishable. 
Yet you’d be amazed how many executives were paid IN FULL while this waiting game was ongoing.
Actually, based upon the insights this group has, maybe you wouldn’t.
We should all be so fortunate

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #31 on: January 30, 2024, 02:08:48 PM »
I think the point Swohs is making is that Entertainment Studios has only cranked out ~350 episodes over 6.5 seasons. Unless their seasons are only 13 weeks at a time like GSN or basic cable, that is pretty paltry.

Okay, that's fair, but it's the same general idea. Byron pumps out evergreen crap that is designed to be run OVER and OVER and OVER again, and up until now it was 99% sitcoms and scripted court shows, so they pumped out in sitcom- and court-show-sized blocks. He's not gonna change up the formula just because it's a game show now.

And Patrick: Since you weren't familiar, I recommend looking up a couple articles on Byron and ES. Not an admonition, just because it's a pretty interesting read about his business model. Dude CRANKS out dirt-cheap content, then basically gives it away and holds back the commercial time.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

TimK2003

« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2024, 07:58:46 AM »
Quote from: clemon79 link=topic=35352.msg410043#msg410043
And Patrick: Since you weren't familiar, I recommend looking up a couple articles on Byron and ES. Not an admonition, just because it's a pretty interesting read about his business model. Dude CRANKS out dirt-cheap content, then basically gives it away and holds back the commercial time.

And I just heard today that Byron has just put in a bid of $30 BILLION to purchase CBS/Paramount:

https://www.ftvlive.com/sqsp-test/2024/1/31/bryon-allen-makes-offer-for-paramountcbs
« Last Edit: February 01, 2024, 10:02:49 AM by TimK2003 »

parliboy

• Which of my enemies told you I was paranoid?
« Reply #33 on: February 01, 2024, 08:28:44 AM »
And I just heard today that Byron has just put in a bid of $20 BILLION to purchase CBS/Paramount:

https://www.ftvlive.com/sqsp-test/2024/1/31/bryon-allen-makes-offer-for-paramountcbs

Byron Allen's company doesn't have a net worth of $20 Billion, and I doubt he has a bunch of extra investors partnering with him.  This reeks of leveraged buyout and is the sort of thing Wall Street should stop encouraging.
"You're never ready, just less unprepared."

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #34 on: February 01, 2024, 09:34:24 AM »
And I just heard today that Byron has just put in a bid of $20 BILLION to purchase CBS/Paramount:

The story actually says $30 billion, but what's ten billion between friends?

On the other hand, the business-side reporters are saying the deal (the same deal) is worth $14.3 billion, because economics is stupid.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

parliboy

• Which of my enemies told you I was paranoid?
« Reply #35 on: February 01, 2024, 10:03:13 AM »
The story actually says $30 billion, but what's ten billion between friends?

On the other hand, the business-side reporters are saying the deal (the same deal) is worth $14.3 billion, because economics is stupid.

The discrepancy between $14B and $30B is because Paramount has $16B worth of debt, and the debt would come along with the sale.  This actually matters because the terms of who keeps the debt can affect who gets paid, if ever.  Sometimes what happens is just an asset sale, and the former shell of a company that's left holding the debt with no assets folds, leaving the creditors holding the bag.  (Spoiler: the creditors are still going to end up at least taking a haircut if this sale happens.)

For those of you in the board gaming hobby, here's a recent example: when that toxic dumpster fire The Gaming Goat sold out to new owners, the new owners assumed the assets of the former company but not the entire company.  So the new owners of the assets got all of TGG's inventory, but the Gaming Goat held the pre-order obligations and then promptly folded.
"You're never ready, just less unprepared."

colonial

« Reply #36 on: February 01, 2024, 01:30:58 PM »

Byron Allen's company doesn't have a net worth of $20 Billion, and I doubt he has a bunch of extra investors partnering with him.  This reeks of leveraged buyout and is the sort of thing Wall Street should stop encouraging.

Since 2020, Byron has tried to purchase Tegna, ABC, BET and VH1, and expressed interest in buying two NFL teams, falling short each and every time. At least he keeps getting up to try again.

colonial

« Reply #37 on: March 28, 2024, 06:09:05 PM »
Back to the topic at hand ...

https://deadline.com/2024/03/game-show-enterprises-cbs-produce-flip-side-jaleel-white-1235871079/

GSN's production arm will produce "Flip Side" for CBS Media Ventures, with GSN getting "second-run" rights to episodes shortly after they air in syndication.

Also, it appears the "The" was quietly removed from the show's title.

JD