Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: New Jaleel White Game Show For Fall 24.  (Read 6073 times)

Jimmy Owen

New Jaleel White Game Show For Fall 24.
« on: January 22, 2024, 03:12:26 PM »
"The Flip Side" will be offered in syndication from CBS Media Ventures
« Last Edit: January 22, 2024, 06:12:58 PM by Jimmy Owen »
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
Re: New Jaleel White Game Show For Fall 24.
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2024, 03:45:23 PM »
Here's the Deadline story.

-Jason
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck

BillCullen1

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2024, 10:02:41 AM »
Jaleel has proven to be a good game player on 25 WOL and Pictionary. He should have no problem as a host. Looking forward to this.

tvwxman

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2024, 10:07:14 AM »
Didn't he host a prime time darkness game show a few years back?  Didn't overly impress me as host but then again, the bar for washed-up actors trying their luck at host has really, REALLY gone downhill in the last few years.
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

WhammyPower

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2024, 10:19:26 AM »
Didn't he host a prime time darkness game show a few years back?  Didn't overly impress me as host but then again, the bar for washed-up actors trying their luck at host has really, REALLY gone downhill in the last few years.
Yep, Total Blackout.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2024, 01:14:56 PM »
Jaleel has proven to be a good game player on 25 WOL and Pictionary. He should have no problem as a host.

The list of hosts for whom this didn't work out so well for could fill several volumes.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2024, 02:57:12 PM »
Jaleel has proven to be a good game player on 25 WOL and Pictionary. He should have no problem as a host.
Ever watched Jamie Farr on Oddball?  Nipsey on anything he hosted? 
Looking forward to this.
You would look forward to WW III if the winner got $5000 and a refrigerator/freezer.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

BillCullen1

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2024, 04:29:50 PM »
Apparently someone is having a bad day.

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2024, 04:36:29 PM »
Looking forward to this.
You would look forward to WW III if the winner got $5000 and a refrigerator/freezer.

I think we've been letting a lot of this stuff slide, but there's a not-so-great trend here of people teeing off on other posters simply because they disagree with their opinion. It's one thing if a person starts a thread that's functionally useless, or if a poster spreads misinformation. That sort of thing could rankle somebody into a snarky reply. But in this case, you simply think the Jaleel White show is not worth looking forward to, compared to BillCullen1's opinion. And his punishment for sharing his enthusiasm is this? Come on. Chris replied upthread in a way that shared his disagreement without crossing a line.

That aside, I happened to think Nipsey was a capable broadcaster who was put inside formats that weren't clean enough for a relatively untested host to handle.

-Jason
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck

Nick

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2024, 05:51:22 PM »
That aside, I happened to think Nipsey was a capable broadcaster who was put inside formats that weren't clean enough for a relatively untested host to handle.

Nipsey Russell was very swell,
A man who played game shows quite well.
At Pyramid, he did excel,
Plus the game whereon the truth they tell.

He always had a word to say
To wrap up the broadcast day
And put in a rhyming way
To cause you laughs so big they slay.

But as a host, he did not fit
Despite good tries, I must admit.
Maybe there's a format for his good wit,
But now it's too late, and so I quit.

/This post brought to you by RhymeZone,
For when you can't wax lyrical on your own.

//Please do not hold this post against me.
It was a golden age of daytime network television... Game Shows... Hosted by people who actually knew that the game was the star... And I wish it was still that way - both that game shows were on all morning and that they were hosted by actual game show hosts. - Bob Purse, Inches Per Second

BillCullen1

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2024, 06:08:02 PM »
Agreed with the above two posts about Nipsey. His game show's fate just didn't rate.

By the way, thank you Jason. Much appreciated. Next time we're at the corner bar, it's on me.

narzo

« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2024, 01:43:23 AM »
hmmmm, sold to CBS station group, me thinks the hosts of "The Talk" are getting their demo tapes in order. 

aaron sica

« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2024, 08:07:03 AM »
hmmmm, sold to CBS station group, me thinks the hosts of "The Talk" are getting their demo tapes in order. 

As much as I'd love for that hour to be replaced with a game show, this probably means that the duopoly stations of the group (WLIG-55 in NYC, WPSG-57 in Philly, KCAL-9 in LA for example) are going to be the ones that air it.

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2024, 10:42:51 AM »

As much as I'd love for that hour to be replaced with a game show, this probably means that the duopoly stations of the group (WLIG-55 in NYC, WPSG-57 in Philly, KCAL-9 in LA for example) are going to be the ones that air it.

Totally agree. In fact I’d bet that at least in the first case, that deposes Funny You Should Ask in the 4 PM slot.

WCBS’ lineup is pretty well set for the long term, and I don’t see them dropping anything to make room for a new game show. Unless Hot Bench isn’t doing well enough in the afternoon, if they were to pick it up I would have to imagine it would get the time slot that befell Sex Wars, Match Game 98, and the second season of Weakest Link (2:07 AM).
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

Neumms

« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2024, 02:47:20 PM »

I agree. I got a kick out of Nipsey on the Jackpot and Star Words pilots, and while You're Number's Up had lots of problems, none of them were him. He was funny, surprisingly smooth and I enjoyed his exclamations of "aaaaah!"