Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: That Game Show Place  (Read 2075 times)

tyshaun1

That Game Show Place
« on: January 16, 2024, 08:15:20 AM »
An article popped up on my FB timeline about "That Game Show Place" down here in the Tampa Bay area, an event space where people can host and/or play game shows in a studio-like setting. Based on the pictures, it looks like a lot of LED lighting and flash based games. Anyone around here involved in this project?

https://www.thatgameshowplace.com/

Clay Zambo

Re: That Game Show Place
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2024, 12:08:34 PM »
Fascinating. A very small part of me wants to contact them about franchising. Another part says, "Just do it, the same way *they're* playing fast and loose with someone else's IP."

Neither part is going to win the day, I suspect.
czambo@mac.com

aaron sica

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2024, 01:15:34 PM »
Fascinating. A very small part of me wants to contact them about franchising. Another part says, "Just do it, the same way *they're* playing fast and loose with someone else's IP."

I don't see any IP being challenged; I watched the video on their website that one of the local T.V. stations covered, and it's basically escape room meets game show and be the first to buzz in; the clips of their trivia part didn't really look to be taken from anything we know.

BrandonFG

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2024, 02:41:38 PM »
From what I’ve seen, they take the GSN approach and make it a Great Value generic game show that looks like Family Feud or Plinko and obviously avoid the language and look. Like Clay, I’ve thought about the idea of looking into franchising opportunities.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Sodboy13

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2024, 11:32:54 PM »
I feel obliged to note that there is a similar operation running in several cities, mostly across the middle of the country, and that some of the hosting talent at the suburban Chicago location is especially charming and witty. (coughs for effect)

https://gameshowbattlerooms.com/
"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

--Shawn Micallef, Talkin' 'bout Your Generation

Fedya

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2024, 05:32:44 AM »
Kindly turn your head when you cough.
-- Ted Schuerzinger, now blogging at http://justacineast.blogspot.com/

No Fark slashes were harmed in the making of this post

Sodboy13

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2024, 10:12:58 AM »
Kindly turn your head when you cough.
Wait, are you even a real doctor? Why are we doing this next to a roller grill at a Speedway?+
"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

--Shawn Micallef, Talkin' 'bout Your Generation

knagl

• Executive Producer
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2024, 04:15:22 AM »
Why are we doing this next to a roller grill at a Speedway?+

Is that more than just Speedway?