Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Tic Tac Dough is being rebooted (GSN)  (Read 6020 times)

bwood

Re: Tic Tac Dough is being rebooted (GSN)
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2024, 10:00:54 PM »
If you're a member of (The New) GSN TV Nation, there's a survey available now. Log in to give your input on TTD format, set, etc. It could definitely use our intervention.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2024, 12:33:55 AM »
Unless their “experts with X’s & O’s” bring something incredible to the table, Tic Tac Dough will be mighty dull without champions on long streaks or big rollover pots.
What would you call incredible, Neumann?
Travis L. Eberle

calliaume

« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2024, 01:37:42 PM »
And there’s a preview now on YouTube.

Words fail me.

https://youtu.be/_jRlici8Pk8?si=5pY2DDmAUbAnOJ5x

PYLclark86

• The Consolation Prize... to Your Heart <3
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2024, 01:58:45 PM »

Words fail me.

https://youtu.be/_jRlici8Pk8?si=5pY2DDmAUbAnOJ5x

I have plenty of words, but they are shown in different sizes on the gameboard. (God that looks so sloppy).

This show has "iPhone Trivia Game with In-App Purchases" vibes all around. Maybe between matches, we can sit through ads for Royal Match or some other shovelware.

Hopefully, when this goes to air they can get a larger budget so the host can afford to blink.
*Indecipherable screaming*

BrandonFG

« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2024, 02:19:33 PM »
It looks like a presentation or pilot. I don’t think GSN would suddenly opt for a virtual set for an original.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Neumms

« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2024, 03:12:17 PM »
What would you call incredible, Neumann?

If I knew, I’d be one of their experts! Starting bottom row middle wouldn’t be it, though.

Neumms

« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2024, 03:13:03 PM »
It looks like a presentation or pilot. I don’t think GSN would suddenly opt for a virtual set for an original.

Why not? The virtual set looked cool.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2024, 03:33:54 PM »
Whoever posted it just got themselves a copyright strike. Hope it was worth it! :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2024, 05:34:27 PM »
Whoever posted it just got themselves a copyright strike. Hope it was worth it! :)

Appeared to be, for lack of a better term, a burner account, with just this and a 30-second snippet of some unnamed word game similar to America Says.

He went to the trouble of blurring out the part where it said not to share this.  It's not like he didn't know what he was doing.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

BrandonFG

« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2024, 05:39:27 PM »

Appeared to be, for lack of a better term, a burner account, with just this and a 30-second snippet of some unnamed word game similar to America Says.

He went to the trouble of blurring out the part where it said not to share this.  It's not like he didn't know what he was doing.
One of these days a leaked TTD pilot will stay on the Internet longer than 3 hours. /s
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

calliaume

« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2024, 06:16:12 PM »
The set didn’t bother me. Hosting, contestants, and game play defined “robotic.”

There’s so little movement in TTD—contestants and host are in the same fixed positions throughout the game—that you’ve got to have them do something interesting to avoid viewers losing interest. Wink isn’t my favorite all-time host, but he did a great job of keeping viewers involved. (I am not suggesting that he or Tom Bergeron be brought in.)

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2024, 07:26:08 PM »

Oh, that’s what that weird line in the middle of the screen was?
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2024, 10:04:31 AM »

IIRC, it was the same with the Bergeron pilot. Honestly, that's the funniest part of this show's legacy- that someone is so brazenly cavalier about this show that production has now leaked two pilot presentations that made it to us.
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.