Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: "Feud" survey tabulation questions  (Read 3327 times)

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
Re: "Feud" survey tabulation questions
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2024, 08:58:24 AM »
Have you read the Family Feud bible?

No, but I sure would be interested.  Chris, do you happen to have a copy to share?  I recall reading your "Password Plus" bible many years ago.

Sorry, I don't.

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2024, 12:58:24 PM »
From one of the bibles in the 1999-present era:

"...poll respondents are chosen purely at random, from all geographic areas of the United States except the Los Angeles area. At the beginning of each question, the MC will announce how many answers on 'on the board.' This explains how many answers will be considered correct, regardless of how many answers were given to the question. In all cases, only the most popular answers will be displayed, and all answers receiving the same number of responses will be displayed if any one of them is displayed."

The latter bit is clarified by an attached question, which also confirms they poll 100 people, and not a larger sample to make a 100% percentage. The question "Name something people keep in their glove compartment" is set to be played with the top 6 answers on the board. The 7th through 9th answers got 2 responses each, but the show chose not to use them. Per their own rule -- a rule at the time mind you, it may no longer exist -- they'd have to use all of those answers, or none of them, because they had the same number of respondents. The remaining 1-point answers are there as well -- TIRE GAUGE, NOTEPAD, MACE and (shockingly, IMO anyway) SUNGLASSES.

-Jason
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2024, 03:08:23 PM »
they'd have to use all of those answers, or none of them, because they had the same number of respondents.

Honestly, that seems fair. If you give an answer that was tied for the Top Six, but it's "not there" only because it's not one of the tied-for-number-six they decided to put on the board for whatever reason, that's not cool, and this isn't Outburst. Dem's not da berries.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2024, 03:21:05 PM »
From one of the bibles in the 1999-present era:

Cool. Thanks, Jason.

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2024, 03:37:14 PM »
The other thing to keep in mind that we all don't have to deal with when we try to do Feud ourselves, be it with our own surveys, or board game material: if the show has a weird set of results to a question, there's likely a boatload more material to choose from, and/or they can simply re-survey something that's wonky. A lot of posts asking "what if...?" are probably answered best by "they don't use the question" or "they re-poll it."

-Jason
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck

TimK2003

« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2024, 09:17:26 PM »
Do/did any of the various board game versions of the show over the decades ever claim that those surveys were based on 100 people?

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2024, 10:27:43 PM »
Do/did any of the various board game versions of the show over the decades ever claim that those surveys were based on 100 people?

Sure. And they are.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Neumms

« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2024, 12:25:19 AM »
The references to the show bible are very cool. Thanks.

One factually incorrect answer that I recall made the board: Benjamin Franklin to (paraphrasing) “name a president pictured on money.”

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2024, 01:03:50 AM »
One factually incorrect answer that I recall made the board: Benjamin Franklin to (paraphrasing) “name a president pictured on money.”

I wonder which producer let that one slip through. If it were Howard I'd never let him hear the end of it.