Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Gotta use Studio 33 for something...  (Read 1023 times)

MSTieScott

• Executive Producer
Gotta use Studio 33 for something...
« on: December 27, 2023, 04:17:08 PM »
Shortly after the competition Squid Game: The Challenge debuted on Netflix, fans of the original series have been given the opportunity to participate in a 70-minute "immersive experience" called Squid Game: The Trials, in which paying participants get to play adaptations of the show's games.

That in itself isn't particularly game show related (although the website says that if a winner is interested in competing in season two of The Challenge, they'll get priority consideration), but according to The New York Times (link requires paid access to the website), the attraction is being housed "on the former soundstage of 'The Price Is Right.'"

The attraction's website simply gives the Fairfax entrance of Television City as the address, but assuming that The Young and the Restless and The Bold and the Beautiful haven't left Television City yet, Studio 33 is the only large studio in the building where the event could be held. I would assume, but cannot confirm, that the audience pit would be covered in order to provide more space.

I don't understand how renting out a dedicated television studio (complete with attached control room) for a non-televised event makes the most economic sense. Unless they're really counting on pulling in buyers from The Grove.

WhammyPower

Re: Gotta use Studio 33 for something...
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2023, 04:50:43 PM »
I don't understand how renting out a dedicated television studio (complete with attached control room) for a non-televised event makes the most economic sense.

Hey, if it worked for Blue Man Group...

/s