Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: New Buzzr Survey (12/15/23)  (Read 2971 times)

WarioBarker

• Mind Wanderer
New Buzzr Survey (12/15/23)
« on: December 16, 2023, 11:57:27 AM »
From the most recent Buzzr newsletter.

Notably, one question asks if you'd like to see the following shows on Buzzr, with the below shows mentioned (anything in (parentheses) was part of the listed name):

American Gladiators
Wild & Crazy Kids
Trivial Pursuit
The Weakest Link
Love Connection
Scrabble
Tic Tac Dough
Hole in the Wall
Double Dare (Alex Trebek version)
Lingo
To Tell The Truth
Shop 'Til You Drop
Wordplay
Scattergories
Celebrity Name Game
The Price is Right (80s version)
Joker's Wild
Hollywood Squares (90s version)
The Game Show Forum: beating the **** out of the competition since 2003.

I'm just a mind wanderer, walking in eternity...

Ian Wallis

Re: New Buzzr Survey (12/15/23)
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2023, 03:15:14 PM »
These kinds of surveys are interesting...it's also puzzling to figure out just what they mean.  There are a lot of shows on there that aren't (as far as we know) in the Freemantle archives.

It's notable that rarer shows like Celebrity Sweepstakes aren't on the list.  I guess that's no longer an option (maybe it never really was).

It was posted somewhere a while ago that GameTV was trying to get rights to Joker's Wild.  It's interesting to see that and its sister show pop up on this list.  Maybe Sony's considering leasing more of their library...they've had some success with the '90s Newlywed Game.

Some of the others I could do without...and I've never considered Love Connection to be a game show.
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

tpirfan28

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2023, 03:19:42 PM »

Notably, one question asks if you'd like to see the following shows on Buzzr, with the below shows mentioned (anything in (parentheses) was part of the listed name):

To Tell The Truth

...so what is airing on the channel currently at 8PM EST daily...and at 4AM.....???
Shop 'til You Drop would make a nice pair with Sweep again.  I just wish 70's Cross-Wits could see the light of day again.
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

Nick

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2023, 03:38:20 PM »

The Barker era or the Kennedy treatment?  How much of the latter did GSN air back in the day?
It was a golden age of daytime network television... Game Shows... Hosted by people who actually knew that the game was the star... And I wish it was still that way - both that game shows were on all morning and that they were hosted by actual game show hosts. - Bob Purse, Inches Per Second

WarioBarker

• Mind Wanderer
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2023, 05:07:50 PM »
The Barker era or the Kennedy treatment?  How much of the latter did GSN air back in the day?
I'm not sure, but from what I've seen online it seems they aired a good chunk of it, including the first taped episode (March 1985) and at least some of the February '86 tapings (the last two taping days were February 26 and March 6).
The Game Show Forum: beating the **** out of the competition since 2003.

I'm just a mind wanderer, walking in eternity...

TimK2003

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2023, 09:13:50 AM »

To Tell The Truth

...so what is airing on the channel currently at 8PM EST daily...and at 4AM.....???

Seeing the list of potential shows out of the 90s and aughts, It wouldn't surprise me if they might be considering dusting off the NBC Daytime TTTT and/or the O'Hurley syndicated versions.

Celebrity Name Game
Hollywood Squares (90s version)

Both already have their own FAST/Streaming channels.   

Now if BUZZR would consider replacing MGHSqH with Ross Shaffer's MG and John Davidson's HSq, I would call that an (slight) upgrade.

Blanquepage

• "Pacman cereal: it eats YOU!" - Geoff, Starcade
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2023, 09:20:27 AM »
These kinds of surveys are interesting...it's also puzzling to figure out just what they mean.  There are a lot of shows on there that aren't (as far as we know) in the Freemantle archives.

The got the sense that this list was of products that are all digitized and ready for air, pending rights acquisition.

JohnXXVII

« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2023, 11:46:34 PM »
I would like to see Narz Conentration and Whew! back. I'm really surprised they never circled through the entire run of Whew!

Chief-O

« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2023, 12:28:49 AM »
I would like to see Narz Conentration and Whew! back. I'm really surprised they never circled through the entire run of Whew!

All the yesses.

For me, "Scrabble" would be the biggie. I'm also curious about TTTT being on there (different version??) as well as "Wordplay" (given the circumstances of its disappearing faster than they brought it out). And I agree with tpirfan28 re. "Cross-Wits".
.....and it goes like this!!!

WhammyPower

« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2023, 08:55:13 AM »
I'm also curious about TTTT being on there (different version??)
My guess would be Anthony Anderson's.