Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Game show TRUE memories  (Read 4295 times)

SlideItEarl

Re: Game show TRUE memories
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2023, 06:41:09 PM »
I remember an episode of To Tell the Truth from the 1970s that had a person behind the pseudonyms on The Hardy Boys and/or Nancy Drew books. I'm thinking it was Harriet Stratemeyer Adams, daughter of Stratemeyer Syndicate founder Edward Stratemeyer, who outlined a lot of the plots for ghostwriters to follow. She lived until 1982, so she could have appeared on the TTTT I'm thinking of. Can anyone narrow down this memory to the exact episode?

Jamey Greek

« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2023, 09:28:46 PM »
I remember at approximately two years old listening to Pat and Vanna do the fee plugs on Wheel.  And then I saw someone mention it on the old flashgames message board (of which I was a member of) years later. They indeed did them after Jack Clark died.  And IMO, they should have preserved Charlie O's voice on the Wheel episodes he worked on prior to his death and had Pat and Vanna do the Wheel Watchers stuff when he died.

BrandonFG

« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2023, 09:49:52 PM »
For years I thought I’d imagined a Wheel episode where the contestant won more than 100K in cash and prizes, and when they displayed the final total on the five-digit backdrop, Pat pulled out an index card with a “1” on it, and placed it to the left of the tote.

Someone confirmed that one up here a couple years ago.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

tpirfan28

« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2023, 03:52:03 PM »
For years I thought I’d imagined a Wheel episode where the contestant won more than 100K in cash and prizes, and when they displayed the final total on the five-digit backdrop, Pat pulled out an index card with a “1” on it, and placed it to the left of the tote.

It's in the Pluto on-demand (and hopefully this link works).
Shunting slightly off-topic, was the plan for shopping in the CBS era and it was cut very late?  Those readouts have a blank spot up top that sure looks like it would fit "ON ACCOUNT".
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

nowhammies10

« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2023, 12:53:19 PM »
Shunting slightly off-topic, was the plan for shopping in the CBS era and it was cut very late?  Those readouts have a blank spot up top that sure looks like it would fit "ON ACCOUNT".

I've never heard anything either way; I just figured the "chevron" contestant backdrops were new faceplates on the old "sunburst" ones.

/which in turn probably used the same guts as the original "sparkly green" backdrops.

BrandonFG

« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2023, 01:00:12 PM »

It's in the Pluto on-demand (and hopefully this link works).
That worked. Thank you.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!