Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: BUZZR Q4 2023  (Read 21861 times)

Mr. Matté

Re: BUZZR Q4 2023
« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2023, 10:11:29 PM »
2:30 p.m. Eastern / 11:30 a.m. Pacific - Family Feud (1976; an ordinary episode in which "Bob Barker" is a correct answer)

"Guys, we're short a couple of shows for the tribute.  Use your heads, what else can we do?"

"Boss, I know just the thing!"

Could be worse, they could have pulled out an episode where a member of the family was named Bob, and he lived here -- https://www.villageofbarker.org/

And then went to jail and used his products: https://www.bobbarker.com/

Since they're often used in government contracts, the Check-Out price range is $10,000.00 high or low.

BillCullen1

« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2023, 08:50:06 AM »
The ninth annual Betty White Christmas starts December 15. Nine days of Betty.

BillCullen1

« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2023, 10:08:21 AM »
The ninth annual Betty White Christmas starts December 15. Nine days of Betty.

Also all Betty Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.

Chelsea Thrasher

« Reply #33 on: December 13, 2023, 03:07:22 AM »
2:30 p.m. Eastern / 11:30 a.m. Pacific - Family Feud (1976; an ordinary episode in which "Bob Barker" is a correct answer)

"Guys, we're short a couple of shows for the tribute.  Use your heads, what else can we do?"

"Boss, I know just the thing!"

The 70s Feud episodes, as utterly tangential as their inclusion here comes off, have actually wound up being my favorite part of this stunt. Buzzr has, for whatever reason(s), almost entirely avoided any Feud produced before 1980 for as long as the network has been around, which is a shame as for me it's when the show was at it's most enjoyable and most relaxed. There's a leisureliness to the pacing of the 200 point shows that's just delightful, and Dawson's temperament is far more relaxed and jovial in the first half of the run.

MSTieScott

• Executive Producer
« Reply #34 on: December 14, 2023, 02:51:48 PM »
I watched the 1976 episode (just the 49th episode in the series' run), and it was more surprising when Dawson didn't kiss all of the female contestants.

Ian Wallis

« Reply #35 on: December 14, 2023, 11:41:26 PM »
The 70s Feud episodes, as utterly tangential as their inclusion here comes off, have actually wound up being my favorite part of this stunt. Buzzr has, for whatever reason(s), almost entirely avoided any Feud produced before 1980 for as long as the network has been around, which is a shame as for me it's when the show was at it's most enjoyable and most relaxed. There's a leisureliness to the pacing of the 200 point shows that's just delightful, and Dawson's temperament is far more relaxed and jovial in the first half of the run.

I agree with that.  The last half of the run you could tell his attitude was different, and for fans like us who know the backstory, it's not as much fun to watch.
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

Ian Wallis

« Reply #36 on: December 14, 2023, 11:44:00 PM »
I watched the 1976 episode (just the 49th episode in the series' run), and it was more surprising when Dawson didn't kiss all of the female contestants.

It's a joy watching those initial episodes before that started.  I know that GSN ran all of the '76 episodes decades ago but I don't think I saw all of them.  I'm not sure exactly when it started.  My recollection is that by Christmas he was kissing some of the female contestants, but it didn't become a habit until a little later, IIRC.
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

tyshaun1

« Reply #37 on: December 15, 2023, 06:45:39 AM »
My recollection is that by Christmas he was kissing some of the female contestants, but it didn't become a habit until a little later, IIRC.
ISTR that Dawson was probably getting complaints early on about picking and choosing who he wanted to kiss (and the comment he made on air about getting aroused), so his answer was to kiss virtually every female (with consent, of course). Times are not that different...

snowpeck

« Reply #38 on: December 16, 2023, 04:22:28 PM »
Anyone have any idea why the 6/3/63 episode of To Tell the Truth was included in Betty White Christmas today? Betty wasn't in the episode.
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

BillCullen1

« Reply #39 on: December 18, 2023, 08:41:08 AM »
Betty was in a couple of Garry Moore TTTT eps that aired on 12/17. She sat next to hubby Allen Ludden. I had never seen these eps before.

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #40 on: December 18, 2023, 08:55:29 AM »
Betty was in a couple of Garry Moore TTTT eps that aired on 12/17. She sat next to hubby Allen Ludden. I had never seen these eps before.

Cool!  Did you get a sense they were from earlier in the run?  The mod set, maybe?  I think historically, GSN didn't run too many of those earlier episodes, much like they rarely ran the first season of Bruner and WML?
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

BillCullen1

« Reply #41 on: December 18, 2023, 12:16:30 PM »

Cool!  Did you get a sense they were from earlier in the run?  The mod set, maybe?  I think historically, GSN didn't run too many of those earlier episodes, much like they rarely ran the first season of Bruner and WML?

NOT the mod set, the one after. So it was from 1974 and after.

jjman920

• Mhoops.
« Reply #42 on: December 22, 2023, 02:11:27 PM »

Buzzr has aired this week of shows in the past. This isn't the episode that BillCullen1 saw specifically, but probably from that same week. April of 74. I remember catching it the first time around and being delighted that they had guested together on the panel. It's felt like Buzzr's been quietly blazing through this mid-era run of Moore TTTT and I don't know how much of that GSN has previously rerun, but there's been some gems in there when I've caught it and I need to watch it more.

Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

BillCullen1

« Reply #43 on: December 22, 2023, 08:18:50 PM »
A mistake has aired on Buzzr. During "This week in Game Show History" we hear the announcer say that in 1956 To Tell The Truth debuts with host John Charles Daly. OOPS 

Blanquepage

• "Pacman cereal: it eats YOU!" - Geoff, Starcade
« Reply #44 on: December 22, 2023, 10:14:57 PM »
A mistake has aired on Buzzr. During "This week in Game Show History" we hear the announcer say that in 1956 To Tell The Truth debuts with host John Charles Daly. OOPS
Hah! I'll never forget the one that recalled how Allen Ludden adjourned The Liar's Club for the last time in 1989.
Whoever's approving these isn't at the right level of "fan" ;D
(Then again, at least these little bits are easy to make disappear and forgotten.)
« Last Edit: December 22, 2023, 10:26:41 PM by Blanquepage »