Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Game TV April 4 - Nice additions!  (Read 28706 times)

Ian Wallis

Re: Game TV April 4 - Nice additions!
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2023, 05:41:06 PM »
I wrote GameTV and here's what Maria Donatelli, Director of Programming, wrote back:
With most old game shows, like Break the Bank, we are limited to what episodes are available. We try to air the episodes in order however this series has quite a few episodes missing or simply no longer exist. Out of the 100 episodes originally produced, GameTV is currently airing 64 of these episodes. We will be airing this series all summer and you will have the opportunity to watch the entire library that is available for broadcast.

It's good you got a response.  I've written them a couple of times over the years and never heard anything back.  It's interesting wording that only 64 episodes are "available for broadcast".  GSN did run 5 nighttime episodes in the '90s.  If Barry's episodes were in broadcast quality back then, I wonder what happened to them. I wonder if 64 is all that's been converted for today's formats.  Maybe GSN just converted the handful of nighttime episodes they needed at the time(?)

I didn't think a show with fewer than 100 episodes was too big an ask, but since GSN only aired 27 Kennedy episodes, if we get 64 from GameTV that's still a pretty good deal!  Maybe if we're lucky, another Barry episode or two may pop up on youtube eventually.

Having said that, GameTV is now on their fourth run-thru of the same 65 episodes of Beat the Clock and has just re-started their portion of Tattletales for the fourth time.  It's probably time for that part of the schedule to be refreshed.  Wasn't it said that only 65 episodes of Beat the Clock were converted for airing on BUZZR?  If that's the case, maybe it's a similar situation for Break the Bank.

I haven't had a chance to watch BtB since its original run, when I was 14 and mesmerized by the board and gameplay! It just goes to show: wait about 50 years and something good may come your way.  ;)

I was kind of mesmerized by it too and wondered how it actually worked.  Presumably there were stage hands underneath turning and re-arranging the boxes, but when you look at where it is on the stage, there doesn't appear to be much room underneath the boxes on the bottom row.  It seems like they'd almost have to be kneeling or lying down to reach those ones.
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

Ian Wallis

« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2023, 05:49:36 PM »
Still 19 blanks, including info on a couple GameTV has yet to air; fingers crossed none of the 5 remaining skips fall in the final week. Would be nice to get that in full.

As you noted on your list, another skip today.  By my count, GameTV has aired 48 (as of 6/12/23).  With 16 more to go to make the 64, there are 20 episodes left in the series.  Either there are four more missing, or they're going to cycle back before reaching the finale.

I, too, would like to see the entire last week.  I remember seeing it when it originally aired, but I won't say anything about it until we know if they're going to get to it or not.
NEW LOCATION!!!

Blanquepage

• "Pacman cereal: it eats YOU!" - Geoff, Starcade
« Reply #32 on: July 03, 2023, 03:35:13 PM »
As of today, TTD has cycled back to Caldwell (January '86 I believe) and $100K Pyramid went all the way back to episode #66.
Guess they only leased 60-ish new-to-network episodes of each. Eh well.

Ian Wallis

« Reply #33 on: July 03, 2023, 10:28:38 PM »
As of today, TTD has cycled back to Caldwell (January '86 I believe) and $100K Pyramid went all the way back to episode #66.

That's kind of a drag.  They always seem to get small leases of shows and run them a lot - and don't pick up additional episodes for quite a while.  When we read about Tic Tac Dough coming, the info seemed to indicate they had the entirely of season two.  Beat the Clock and Tattletales are in their fourth go-round now of the same 65 episodes.

Hopefully there's some sort of refresh coming soon.
NEW LOCATION!!!

Blanquepage

« Reply #34 on: July 05, 2023, 04:38:53 PM »

That's kind of a drag.  They always seem to get small leases of shows and run them a lot - and don't pick up additional episodes for quite a while.  When we read about Tic Tac Dough coming, the info seemed to indicate they had the entirely of season two.  Beat the Clock and Tattletales are in their fourth go-round now of the same 65 episodes.

Hopefully there's some sort of refresh coming soon.

The thought did pop into my head that perhaps they're holding the fresh episodes until the fall.
If a lineup refresh is ahead, September/October would make sense to me.
Summertime reruns of reruns until then.

Blanquepage

« Reply #35 on: August 25, 2023, 01:03:31 PM »
No new shows popping up on the fall lineup yet, but 8/28 now shows Tic Tac Dough and $100K Pyramid returning to their second seasons.
TTTT will also go back to 1971.

Ian Wallis

« Reply #36 on: August 26, 2023, 11:13:23 AM »
No new shows popping up on the fall lineup yet, but 8/28 now shows Tic Tac Dough and $100K Pyramid returning to their second seasons.
TTTT will also go back to 1971.

I hope there's some sort of refresh soon.  Beat the Clock and Tattletales are now in their fifth go-round of the same 13-weeks of episodes.
NEW LOCATION!!!

snowpeck

« Reply #37 on: August 27, 2023, 02:56:50 PM »
New additions to the retro block starting on September 11th include Barker TPIR (season 11) and Bergeron Squares (season 5).
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

Blanquepage

« Reply #38 on: August 29, 2023, 09:33:18 AM »
New additions to the retro block starting on September 11th include Barker TPIR (season 11) and Bergeron Squares (season 5).
Break the Bank, Tattletales, TTTT, and Beat the Clock depart, but we get an hour of Bumper Stumpers in the morning! Yay for that

ivoryman1986

« Reply #39 on: August 29, 2023, 11:13:47 AM »
Break the Bank, Tattletales, TTTT, and Beat the Clock depart, but we get an hour of Bumper Stumpers in the morning! Yay for that
Which season of Bumper Stumpers is GameTV showing and for TTD and the $100,000 Pyramid, they're both back in their second seasons but are they new-to-GameTV episodes or are they the episodes from back when they were shown this past April?

snowpeck

« Reply #40 on: August 29, 2023, 12:43:26 PM »
Which season of Bumper Stumpers is GameTV showing and for TTD and the $100,000 Pyramid, they're both back in their second seasons but are they new-to-GameTV episodes or are they the episodes from back when they were shown this past April?
The schedule says season 2 of Bumper Stumpers.

TTD and $100K are rerunning the episodes from April.
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

Ian Wallis

« Reply #41 on: August 29, 2023, 04:04:25 PM »

Break the Bank too?  That's a surprise.  By then, they wouldn't have even run thru all the available episodes twice yet.
NEW LOCATION!!!

Blanquepage

« Reply #42 on: August 30, 2023, 10:59:49 AM »

Break the Bank too?  That's a surprise.  By then, they wouldn't have even run thru all the available episodes twice yet.
I got the sense that it was just a summer deal. On another note, apparently there were more than 97 episodes of The New Liar's Club produced because some are popping up that aren't on Bonus Round.