Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Dawson Feud Production Question  (Read 3397 times)

Denials

Dawson Feud Production Question
« on: August 23, 2023, 10:42:59 AM »
Apologies if this has been asked before - I did a search and couldn't find anything.

When the Dawson Feud was in Single-Single-Single-Double-Triple scoring system, the Triple round wasn't always needed.

My question is, because of the structure of the commercial breaks, would the Triple round be set up during the Double round, to avoid a stopdown?  It would then need to be taken back down if not needed.  Or would there be a stopdown to set the Board if the Triple round was needed?

Kevin Prather

Re: Dawson Feud Production Question
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2023, 12:06:53 PM »
If they set up a triple round and it isn't needed, the next round is Fast Money with the electronic board. They have all the time in the world to take it down.

Denials

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2023, 02:44:11 PM »
I understand that.  My question was whether it was more efficient to go through the process of loading in a round that might not be needed vs. stopping down and loading it only if you needed it.  I also didn't know if the process of loading it during the double round might cause noticeable movement in the board that could get picked up on camera during shots.

I have no sense of how long it took to add the triple signs and load in a new question.  Perhaps it was pretty darned quick.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2023, 02:52:02 PM »
I understand that.  My question was whether it was more efficient to go through the process of loading in a round that might not be needed vs. stopping down and loading it only if you needed it.  I also didn't know if the process of loading it during the double round might cause noticeable movement in the board that could get picked up on camera during shots.

I have no sense of how long it took to add the triple signs and load in a new question.  Perhaps it was pretty darned quick.
I would imagine that once the stagehands are practiced at loading in the answers upside down into the correct positions (perhaps you have the position chalked on the underside where it won’t be seen) that you might need five minutes at the absolute most. The entire game board blocks what is happening back stage so you can probably use the turn around between shows to load the first two rounds, then rounds three and four, and if you need rounds five and six you can either do a jump cut or maneuver the breaks/load during live play. I never once heard any noise from backstage that would indicate movement during the play of the game material, and if someone does a swan dive between the rotating game board and the cut out space, you stop tape and upbraid the klutz while calling a medic.

(All speculation on my part, just applying logic about what I know as regards the timing of each program.)
« Last Edit: August 23, 2023, 08:17:23 PM by TLEberle »
Travis L. Eberle

chrisholland03

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2023, 07:43:52 PM »
Time is money in the studio.  It doesn't cost them anything to load the Triple board and unload it during the commerical break if it's not needed.  A stopdown always costs money.

There's a BTS of the Combs version floating around that shows them loading one side of the board during gameplay in progress.