Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Name That Tune in Syndication?  (Read 4295 times)

Strikerz04

• The Money Will be Spent
Name That Tune in Syndication?
« on: August 15, 2023, 06:45:44 PM »
Just watching the Fox Affiliate in the Bay Area (KTVU), and they're showing "Name That Tune" in 30-minute strips. Is this something that they're testing or just throwing it out there for any/all of the Fox Stations?

BrandonFG

Re: Name That Tune in Syndication?
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2023, 07:15:43 PM »
I believe a test run. Saw something about it on Facebook a week or so ago.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

tvwxman

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2023, 07:10:20 AM »
New eps or reruns cut in half?
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

colonial

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2023, 08:32:06 AM »
NTT is also airing at 2 p.m. ET on Fox's Orlando affiliate.

This is the time of year when the Fox O&Os experiment with game show formats for a potential full-season launch. Given the WGA and SAG strikes, I have a feeling that Fox opted to rush the TMZ game show that aired earlier this year to get it out there for consideration pre-strikes (it's supposed to record a second season in Atlanta and made a call for contestants several weeks back, but I haven't heard any updates since).

JD

BrandonFG

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2023, 10:17:52 AM »
New eps or reruns cut in half?
From the report I saw on Facebook, reruns starting with the January 2021 premiere.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

carlisle96

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2023, 03:21:31 PM »
Just watching the Fox Affiliate in the Bay Area (KTVU), and they're showing "Name That Tune" in 30-minute strips. Is this something that they're testing or just throwing it out there for any/all of the Fox Stations?
Speaking of Name That Tune in syndication, was the 1970 version hosted by Richard Hayes a failed syndicated version, a local LA or NYC show, or a pilot that somehow has been listed as a series?

SuperSweeper

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2023, 04:59:29 PM »
Speaking of Name That Tune in syndication, was the 1970 version hosted by Richard Hayes a failed syndicated version, a local LA or NYC show, or a pilot that somehow has been listed as a series?

According to this post, it never made it past the pilot stage.

steveleb

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2023, 03:26:32 PM »
According to some insiders, this was a unique opportunity for FOX's newer distribution group to show solidarity to its sister company, who maintained distribution rights for this version when they licensed it.  Because of the nature of music rights clearances being time-sensitive, there's a narrow window of opportunity to further exploit and monetize these shows, one reason we have not seen the previous versions of TUNE turn up on streaming services despite their ubiquituous availability in syndication and on cable when they were newer (and, knowing Sandy, he probably didn't let anything as silly as ASCAP regulations stop him from making a sale anyway).

From what little I've seen so far the overnight ratings are marginal, but then, thats true of the whole lot.

I undestand YBYL is ending production due to Leno's rate and if PPT or their other new show (I honestly have lost track which is which there) doesn't work NTT may have some opportunities for further exploitation beyond this son long as the rights hold up.

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2023, 04:59:32 PM »
Because of the nature of music rights clearances being time-sensitive, there's a narrow window of opportunity to further exploit and monetize these shows, one reason we have not seen the previous versions of TUNE turn up on streaming services despite their ubiquituous availability in syndication and on cable when they were newer (and, knowing Sandy, he probably didn't let anything as silly as ASCAP regulations stop him from making a sale anyway).
There’s actually a package of Lange’s NTT on Tubi.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

RMF

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2023, 01:42:35 AM »

According to this post, it never made it past the pilot stage.

And a check of contemporary newspapers backs this- I've found a couple of references to trying to sell the series, but nothing to indicate it ever entered production.