Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Wheel of Fortune- Remove RSTLNE?  (Read 5561 times)

SuperSweeper

Re: Wheel of Fortune- Remove RSTLNE?
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2023, 03:55:40 PM »
The Wheel is pretty clearly secondary (at best) at this point. There hasn't been a significant change to it since the move to one template in 1996 - 27 years ago. The last significant set of value changes was in 2014 (hard to believe it's been that long), and some of that was undone a year later.

As a fan, I'm not keen on the continued expansion of the Toss-Ups (particularly some of the bad writing on the Triple); I'd prefer one $1,000 TU before round 4, and that's it.

As a contestant, bring it on. The chance to win $10K in the TTU means that someone else's Prize Puzzle win can be partially or totally negated. Overall, that's up to $13,000 available per episode that's pretty much all skill-based. That's usually not enough to win on its own, but it's a solid foundation.

BrandonFG

Re: Wheel of Fortune- Remove RSTLNE?
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2023, 03:57:59 PM »
I agree TimK2003.  The toss-up puzzles should be done away with entirely.
I’m ok with eliminating either one of the first two or the triple Toss-Ups, but I don’t mind them in general as an icebreaker. It breaks up the monotony the show’s had for 20 years. I never thought it would be possible to have too much game in a show. It’s almost like a reverse NBC primetime pacing issue.

And I don’t know the solution. I can only get but so excited for the Express or Crossword puzzles.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!