The Game Show Forum > The Big Board

J! Category Choices

(1/11) > >>

alfonzos:
For my one thousandth posting, I want to express my gratitude for being part of this community. Game shows were my first educational experience and I appreciate being able to share  experiences and my opinion with like-minded people. Thank you.

As an occasional viewer of “Jeopardy!” I find the contestants’ strategy of shopping for Daily Doubles by avoiding the easiest answers and choosing the more difficult answers unpredictably unnerving. As someone who enjoys playing along with the contestants it is like sitting down to dinner and getting servings of random foods during the meal.

I would like to see a rule to lets the contestant choose a category but the least valuable answer is revealed. This would make the round build to have roughly the toughest answers appear last. I would like to see it but it probably won’t happen because the contestants would balk at having their choices limited.

TLEberle:
I’d like to see a rule where a dancing light border stops when the contestant in control clicks her signaling button, and Daily Doubles are at the same prescribed point each day.

SuperMatch93:

--- Quote from: TLEberle on July 24, 2023, 12:45:37 AM ---I’d like to see a rule where a dancing light border stops when the contestant in control clicks her signaling button, and Daily Doubles are at the same prescribed point each day.

--- End quote ---

Would they shout "JEOPARDY!" when pressing it?

Dbacksfan12:

--- Quote from: alfonzos on July 23, 2023, 11:33:29 PM ---For my one thousandth posting, I want to express my gratitude for being part of this community. Game shows were my first educational experience and I appreciate being able to share  experiences and my opinion with like-minded people. Thank you.
--- End quote ---
And a doozy of a 1000th post this is.

--- Quote ---As an occasional viewer of “Jeopardy!” I find the contestants’ strategy of shopping for Daily Doubles by avoiding the easiest answers and choosing the more difficult answers unpredictably unnerving. As someone who enjoys playing along with the contestants it is like sitting down to dinner and getting servings of random foods during the meal. 
--- End quote ---
I’ve done this before.  It’s called a buffet.

--- Quote ---I would like to see a rule to lets the contestant choose a category but the least valuable answer is revealed. This would make the round build to have roughly the toughest answers appear last. I would like to see it but it probably won’t happen because the contestants would balk at having

--- End quote ---
Then go watch a second season episode of Debt and leave Jeopardy! alone.

Matt Ottinger:

--- Quote from: alfonzos on July 23, 2023, 11:33:29 PM ---I would like to see a rule to lets the contestant choose a category but the least valuable answer is revealed. This would make the round build to have roughly the toughest answers appear last. I would like to see it but it probably won’t happen
--- End quote ---

I'm going to +1 this.  I think the game flows better when the categories are played from top to bottom.  For the record, so did Alex Trebek.

This poking around all over the board used to be rare.  For a while it was known as the "Forrest Bounce" because of the one champion who did it back in 1985, and hardly anybody else copied it for decades.  Nowadays it's common, and I don't like it.  Now get off my lawn so I can yell at some more clouds.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version