Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: New GSN Acquisions  (Read 5059 times)

tvwxman

New GSN Acquisions
« on: March 10, 2004, 12:11:33 PM »
According to Mediaweek.com :

GSN Picks up Average Joe and Dog Eat Dog:
In an effort to attract younger viewers, cable network GSN (formerly Game Show Network) has picked up the off-network rights to NBC's Average Joe and Dog Eat Dog. Both reality hours are expected to join GSN's line-up in late spring.

Discuss.

Matt
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

Robair

New GSN Acquisions
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2004, 12:14:04 PM »
[quote name=\'tvwxman\' date=\'Mar 10 2004, 12:11 PM\'] According to Mediaweek.com :

GSN Picks up Average Joe and Dog Eat Dog:
In an effort to attract younger viewers, cable network GSN (formerly Game Show Network) has picked up the off-network rights to NBC's Average Joe and Dog Eat Dog. Both reality hours are expected to join GSN's line-up in late spring.

Discuss. [/quote]
 No, I think the word you're looking for is disgust.
--Robair

Winkfan

New GSN Acquisions
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2004, 04:48:26 PM »
I don't believe they have enough episodes of each to air them on a daily basis; so my guess is they'll probably be shown on the weekends, which could mean 'curtains' for Greed and/or The Weakest Link.

On the other hand, if GSN does put them on daily, we might see WWTBaM repeats on the daytime lineup only.

On the OTHER, other hand, they BETTER NOT ax B&W Overnight in favor of the new additions!

Cordially,
Tammy Warner--the 'Nanette Fabray of the Big Board!'
« Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 07:04:08 PM by Winkfan »
"I've never stopped. I've never changed. I never did anything else."
- The Real Don Steele (1936-1997)

JMFabiano

New GSN Acquisions
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2004, 05:25:44 PM »
As if it wasn't obvious....overhead, I hear a leather jacketed fellow in jetskis going "AAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYH!"
I'm a pacifist, and even I would like to see a little more action.

whampyl03

New GSN Acquisions
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2004, 07:26:39 PM »
Oh dear.  I can sum up this acquisition in one word... Yuck.

I don't believe they have enough episodes of each to air them on a daily basis; so my guess is they'll probably be shown on the weekends, which could mean 'curtains' for Greed and/or The Weakest Link.

I don't think so.  Call me a conspiracy theorist, but I personally think this may be a possible reason why the majority of the classics in the dinnertime hours have double runs in the mornings now.  Perhaps there making room for more game related programming?

Of course, I could also be very wrong.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2004, 07:30:35 PM by whampyl03 »

Timsterino

New GSN Acquisions
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2004, 09:29:59 PM »
I raise your Oy and deal a yikes for Average Joe. It is great there is variety out there in TV land. I have more time to have a life. :-)

That show was ok the first time but repeats?.... I dunno.

Dog Eat Dog should do ok. I actually liked that show and I think it will repeat ok.

Tim :-)

tvwxman

New GSN Acquisions
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2004, 05:26:07 AM »
Hey, I look at it like this: For those of you looking for a Skyler marathon, the acquisition of "Dog Eat Dog" completes the trifecta.

Matt
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

itiparanoid13

New GSN Acquisions
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2004, 06:59:46 AM »
I love Dog Eat Dog, so i will watch that for sure.  As for Average Joe, yuck.

Ian Wallis

New GSN Acquisions
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2004, 08:50:37 AM »
Not enough episodes of each?  Since when has that stopped GSN in the past?  Frankly, I didn't think there were even 26 of "Dog Eat Dog".  I thought they only aired about 8 during the second run.

Knowing GSN, they'll probably air each episode about 10 times.  Having said that, I'm OK with "Dog Eat Dog" joining the lineup - that gives GSN just about every recent prime time game show (with the exception of mabye "Winning Lines"), and with "Average Joe" - I guess moves like that should be expected with the direction they're going in.
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
New GSN Acquisions
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2004, 11:21:38 AM »
[quote name=\'Ian Wallis\' date=\'Mar 11 2004, 06:50 AM\'] Having said that, I'm OK with "Dog Eat Dog" joining the lineup - that gives GSN just about every recent prime time game show (with the exception of mabye "Winning Lines"), [/quote]
 And I have to admit, I wouldn't mind if they picked THAT up and showed us the (what was it, two?) episodes that didn't make air....

(...she HAD A FREAKIN' PITSTOP.....)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

joe_capitano

New GSN Acquisions
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2004, 11:05:06 PM »
[quote name=\'Ian Wallis\' date=\'Mar 11 2004, 05:50 AM\']I thought they only aired about 8 during the second run.[/quote]
If my count is correct, it came out to an even dozen, less one episode that never ran: #2007 from last July, on which was to have appeared one Claudia Jordan. NBC deemed it "unairable" for reasons never disclosed (Maybe her then-day job, maybe not). Maybe GSN will run it sometime this summer (or earlier).
« Last Edit: March 11, 2004, 11:14:01 PM by joe_capitano »

uncamark

New GSN Acquisions
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2004, 09:24:56 PM »
They're headed for the GSN at 10 block with weekend daytime repeats, most likely.  For now, it looks like any and all reality's headed for that slot.