Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Two New Pluto TV Channels in July  (Read 28050 times)

tvmitch

Two New Pluto TV Channels in July
« on: June 28, 2023, 11:04:58 AM »
https://cordcuttersnews.com/pluto-tv-will-add-4-new-free-channels-in-july-hundreds-of-free-movies/

Two new channels of interest to us:

Hollywood Squares

Circle gets the square! Across, up and down, or diagonally, contestants try to get three in a row as hilarious celebrities give them the right (or wrong) answers.

More TV Game Shows

More fun, more prizes! There are more game shows and more ways to win than ever, here on More TV Game Shows.
You should follow me on Twitter

rwalker

Re: Two New Pluto TV Channels in July
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2023, 11:29:51 AM »
Since Cbs owns the Bergeron episodes, that would probably be what they are running

gamed121683

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2023, 12:45:01 PM »
Wow! Naturally the next question will be, which version of Squares is going to get Pluto's endless marathon treatment? Last I checked, I believe Marshall's version is currently owned by Amazon (for they acquired the MGM library sometime back, didn't they?) and the Bergeron version is owned by CBS. Knowing who owns and operates Pluto, my money is on the latter.

EDIT: I totally forgot about the 5th Grader channel whose reruns are owned by MGM (They added the reruns of the 1/2 hour syndicated version recently, too). I'm still going with Bergeron's version, but I won't be disappointed if Pluto surprises us with the zingers of Paul Lynde & friends instead.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2023, 01:12:52 PM by gamed121683 »

Blanquepage

• "Pacman cereal: it eats YOU!" - Geoff, Starcade
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2023, 12:49:31 PM »
Double wow! I don't even care which version of Squares it is, I liked them all. Very excited to learn what exactly is encompassed in the "More" channel.

BillCullen1

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2023, 01:08:42 PM »
I grew up with Marshall's version  so that's  what I would like. Bergeron's version is okay. Davidson's version was "gimmicky" but decent.

gamed121683

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2023, 01:23:27 PM »
Double wow! I don't even care which version of Squares it is, I liked them all. Very excited to learn what exactly is encompassed in the "More" channel.

Well, they might as well call the Pluto Game Shows channel they have right now The Supermarket Sweep Network for it seems like that's all they air. Maybe this "More" channel will consist of a "one from column A, one from column B" hodgepodge from all of their current game show channel lineup.

chargeradiocom

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2023, 06:42:03 PM »

Well, they might as well call the Pluto Game Shows channel they have right now The Supermarket Sweep Network for it seems like that's all they air. Maybe this "More" channel will consist of a "one from column A, one from column B" hodgepodge from all of their current game show channel lineup.
I’ve noticed Harvey Feud and 25 Words or Less turning up on some feeds of Game Show Central—though not Pluto’s—over the last few weeks. Considering the original Pluto Game Shows has served as something of an overflow for GSC when it’s not playing Sweep, my guess is that More Game Shows is going to serve as a landing spot for Steve & Meredith on Pluto.

But my faint hope is that this all means Amazon has signed a deal with Pluto to beef up the MGM content, and that we’re about to see Marshall/maybe Davidson on Squares, and High Rollers plus whatever else is still playable on More.

TimK2003

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2023, 08:21:34 PM »
Wow! Naturally the next question will be, which version of Squares is going to get Pluto's endless marathon treatment? Last I checked, I believe Marshall's version is currently owned by Amazon (for they acquired the MGM library sometime back, didn't they?) and the Bergeron version is owned by CBS. Knowing who owns and operates Pluto, my money is on the latter.

I believe John Davidson's HSq also falls under the MGM/Amazon ownership as well. 

It would be kind of cool if they would get all the HSq incarnations, sans the MGHS version.

JohnXXVII

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2023, 08:41:55 PM »
Hollywood Squares is one of those shows that should be seen on Buzzr. No doubt they still run Match Game Hollywood Squares Hour because it allows them to say that they have some version of it on the schedule.

Robair

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2023, 11:39:34 AM »
"More game shows than ever before!"
-- Bryce Benson
--Robair

tvmitch

« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2023, 04:20:18 PM »
@TVMoJoe on Twitter confirmed that the HS channel will be Bergeron episodes to start.

rwalker

« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2023, 06:16:14 PM »
Double the points is on Xumo. Who wants to draw first blood?

Blanquepage

• "Pacman cereal: it eats YOU!" - Geoff, Starcade
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2023, 11:07:26 AM »
So...where they at? I guess July 1 wasn't an official date from Pluto, rather one from the mind of a blogger?

chad1m

« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2023, 11:26:15 AM »
So...where they at? I guess July 1 wasn't an official date from Pluto, rather one from the mind of a blogger?
The press release simply said July, and Joe said he thought it might be July 1st. No date was confirmed, to my eye.

tvmitch

« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2023, 11:45:36 AM »
@TVMoJoe reports that the HS Bergeron channel is going live today (July 11) in about an hour, at 1pm Eastern. I'm actually more curious about the other "More Game Shows" channel - we'll see what pops up!