Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: BUZZR Q3 2023  (Read 38428 times)

Blanquepage

• "Pacman cereal: it eats YOU!" - Geoff, Starcade
BUZZR Q3 2023
« on: June 21, 2023, 11:39:31 AM »
July 1: Weekend morning infomercials will be trimmed by 2 hours, and programming will begin @ 8:30 with Talkabout and a Feud triple header.

MSTieScott

• Executive Producer
Re: BUZZR Q3 2023
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2023, 08:05:19 PM »
The first rounds of Pick & Play voting are open, covering June 30 and July 7. (Yes, that's the correct URL -- Buzzr has outsourced this.) The matchups include a number of versions that aren't on Buzzr's usual schedule along with one show that hasn't been on Buzzr at all (don't get excited, though -- it's Hole in the Wall). You're asked to vote on 16 pairs, but when you've finished voting, your picks are presented as "Your Predictions" in a March Madness–style bracket. It isn't completely clear whether the choices you make affect what gets aired or whether Buzzr has already decided what's getting aired and is using this interface as a way for viewers to "play along."

JohnXXVII

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2023, 08:39:23 PM »
Sad to see Jack Narz Concentration being placed back in the vaults. It was one of my favorite shows on Buzzr. It's been about 11 months since they took it off. Maybe it will show up in a Pick & Play? With all the hours they devote to showing Classic Concentration, it's a shame they can't devote one to showing Narz Concentration, say on the weekend.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2023, 12:02:19 AM by JohnXXVII »

BillCullen1

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2023, 12:04:48 PM »
Finally got around to voting for Pick & Play. Some interesting match-ups.

Strikerz04

• The Money Will be Spent
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2023, 08:15:38 PM »
Today's pick and play: Supermarket Sweep is running more aggressively in the early days than in its revival.

snowpeck

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2023, 09:25:57 PM »
Today's pick and play: Supermarket Sweep is running more aggressively in the early days than in its revival.
I'm reasonably certain that was the first taped episode.
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

Blanquepage

• "Pacman cereal: it eats YOU!" - Geoff, Starcade
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2023, 09:27:18 PM »
So far, they're really sending love to the fans and archivists. I'd never seen the Bruner WML premiere until tonight. Did it air on GSN once? Probably.literally once?  ;D Combined with what appears to be episode 1 of Sweep, I'd call it nice atonement for that "meh" One and Done stunt.

vtown7

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2023, 07:03:36 AM »
Went to go and vote for the next batch of shows - was round one and two the initial voting period or was there another one that just closed and I've just missed it?  No worries either away, just curious.

tpirfan28

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2023, 10:18:38 AM »
Worth noting that one of the big sweep bonuses involved hauling a live lobster back to the counter.
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

WhammyPower

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2023, 10:26:06 AM »
Worth noting that one of the big sweep bonuses involved hauling a live lobster back to the counter.
David even got to handle some of them!

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2023, 12:09:01 PM »
Went to go and vote for the next batch of shows - was round one and two the initial voting period or was there another one that just closed and I've just missed it?  No worries either away, just curious.

Round 1 and 2 were simultaneous.  New voting (for what I assume is Weeks 3 and 4) starts a week from today.
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

BillCullen1

« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2023, 07:49:18 PM »
Nice to see WML, TTTT and Monty's BTC if only for one evening. I believe we saw the first Blyden and Bruner shows of WML. Plus they got Martha Mitchell as a panelist on TTTT. How did G-T pull that off? Very enjoyable.

jw2001

« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2023, 08:13:49 PM »
I didn't watch the entire block, but what I enjoyed most was seeing Bill guest-host an episode of TTTT.

jjman920

• Mhoops.
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2023, 09:28:12 PM »
Nice to see WML, TTTT and Monty's BTC if only for one evening. I believe we saw the first Blyden and Bruner shows of WML. Plus they got Martha Mitchell as a panelist on TTTT. How did G-T pull that off? Very enjoyable.
Based off of the comments made by Mark and Bill during the episode it sounds like it was the first episode Bill guest hosted of that series to keep with the theme. Maybe it could've meant the first episode of that season he guest hosted.

Also, I think it just turns out people from all over like game shows and it wouldn't surprise me if word of Mrs. Mitchell's fandom of the show reached someone at G-T through a party or something and they offered her the chance to be on the panel. The same way other famous public figures appeared on the WML? panel over the years.
Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

calliaume

« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2023, 10:33:41 PM »
Plus they got Martha Mitchell as a panelist on TTTT. How did G-T pull that off? Very enjoyable.
It looks like Martha Mitchell was making the TV rounds in that era, appearing on Mike Douglas and Merv Griffin’s shows, as well as Laugh-In. All of those appearances were about two years before Watergate.