Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Question re: CS/P+ credit observation  (Read 1498 times)

Bob Zager

Question re: CS/P+ credit observation
« on: June 07, 2023, 11:39:40 AM »
Recently while watching P+ on Buzzr, I recalled that in the credits of P+ and the original CS, it often listed as "Stage Managers," Cory Carson and Michael Gray.  I know that Cory Carson is son of Johnny Carson; but does anybody know if Michael Gray is the same person who played the character Billy Batson on The Adventures of Shazam in the mid-1970s?

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
Re: Question re: CS/P+ credit observation
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2023, 05:27:50 PM »
Spidey sense says no.  Gray (the actor) did a panel during a Comic-Con in which he said "I went out for a part of a psychopathic killer for a nighttime soap and one of the guys on production said I couldn't do it. It didn't work. After a while I gave it up and tried something else. I moved up north and worked in theatre education for kids. Eventually I came back down to LA to give it another shot, but again, it didn't work. I had odd jobs here and there and then I found a lady, got married and ran a flower shop for many years. After too many hours working and not enough money, I quit that too, and now I work in one of the best men's clothing stores in the country. It's a job and I enjoy it."

If he were stage managing at any point, I think he’d have mentioned it (especially for a high profile gig like Johnny).
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
Re: Question re: CS/P+ credit observation
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2023, 06:20:38 PM »
He also did a little spell voicing a caricature of himself during the sixth season of Archer, so there’s that.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022