Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: NBC taking DOND ... to an island  (Read 19433 times)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Re: NBC taking DOND ... to an island
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2023, 07:48:23 PM »
Then a bit of a surprise for Fridays at 9pm ET -- an American version of the Israeli format "Raid the Cage," best known to genre fans for its Mexican version, "Escape Perfecto."

Good, I might finally figure out how that damn game is played. :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

colonial

« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2023, 01:35:12 PM »
https://deadline.com/2023/08/ken-jennings-to-host-celebrity-jeopardy-abc-premiere-date-1235524032/

ABC has switched around its fall schedule again, with Wednesdays being an all-game show block with Celebrity J! (hosted by Jennings), Celebrity WOF and Pyramid.  No word on PYL.

JD

ChrisLambert!

• Overthrow, Sister Havana
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2023, 10:41:21 AM »
the official ABC Release further clarifies that Press Your Luck will not be airing this summer as originally planned, in order to save it for fall.

After a false start, PYL has finally landed on a timeslot - 10 pm Tuesdays after Dancing With These Folks, effective October 10.
@lambertman

carlisle96

« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2023, 08:41:27 PM »
I am all for taking NBC American DOND to an island, and leaving it there.
That would suit me. The show was exhausting. My kids used to watch hoping the contestants would lose because they got tired of the histrionics.

Stackertosh

« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2023, 06:52:33 AM »
I am all for taking NBC American DOND to an island, and leaving it there.

Can we leave Family Feud there as well.

colonial

« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2023, 01:42:02 PM »
Speaking of DOND Island ...

Well, Joe Mangianello is in the process of divorcing Sofia Vergara. Those alimony checks have to come somewhere ...

JD

BrandonFG

« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2023, 01:58:07 PM »
Watching that video, I'm glad I don't have to change my opinion on Deal or No Deal...
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Chuck Sutton

« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2023, 10:21:40 AM »
Speaking of DOND Island

Well, Joe Mangianello is in the process of divorcing Sofia Vergara. Those alimony checks have to come somewhere ...

JD

Just a thought she was on a huge sitcom for 10 years and now on successful reality show and you think he is paying spousal support??

BrandonFG

« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2023, 10:39:33 AM »
I’m pretty sure James was just making a joke. Don’t think too much into things.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

DoItRockapella

« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2023, 07:00:57 PM »
My apologies for bumping, but if anybody cares, DOND Island premieres February 26.

https://deadline.com/2023/11/nbc-midseason-premiere-dates-chicago-law-order-night-court-1235630079/

Uh...anybody here seen the new UK DOND with Stephen Mulhern?

NickintheATL

• Husband of snowpeck
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2023, 09:53:42 PM »
Uh...anybody here seen the new UK DOND with Stephen Mulhern?
Me and snowpeck did - even though it's not as good as the Edmonds version, it's still light years better than any other version in the world.

colonial

« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2023, 03:41:30 PM »
Caught some of today's episode -- it seems miles ahead of its US counterpart solely due to the fact that the obnoxious level is down a great deal. It just felt like a bunch of people got together to play a little party game -- not the "bells and whistles" nonsense from Howie and company.

JD

tvwxman

« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2023, 09:24:24 AM »
May I ask where it's being shown (for us folk who are clearly behind the times.)
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

colonial

« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2023, 11:48:49 AM »
May I ask where it's being shown (for us folk who are clearly behind the times.)

11 a.m. ET on ITV 1 -- airs for the next four weeks in place of "Tipping Point."

JD

curtking

« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2024, 06:08:20 PM »
We have a premiere date and some info:

Reality Legend "Boston" Rob Mariano and Original "Deal or No Deal" Briefcase Model and Former "The Real Housewives of Atlanta" Star Claudia Jordan Among the 13 Contestants

"Deal or No Deal Island" is set to premiere Feb. 26 at 9:30 p.m. ET/PT on NBC before moving to its regular timeslot at 10 p.m. ET/PT on Mar. 4. All episodes will be available next day on Peacock.
A special 30-minute preview of "Deal or No Deal Island" is set to air on Saturday, Jan. 13 after the NFL Wildcard game on NBC.

Included in the lineup are reality TV fan favorites "Boston" Rob Mariano and Claudia Jordan who will be vying to get their hands on valuable briefcases hidden on the elusive Banker's private island.

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news/2024/01/08/nbcs-deal-or-no-deal-island-premieres-feb-26-with-familiar-faces-playing-in-the-season-long-competition-65415/20240108nbc02/