Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The Recording of GSN  (Read 7973 times)

Jimmy Owen

The Recording of GSN
« on: March 08, 2004, 10:11:11 AM »
Generally, when I have recorded GSN, I pop in a tape and just record whatever is on until the tape runs out.  Am I the only one who does it this way or is there much more specificity among the group?
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

TV Favorites

The Recording of GSN
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2004, 11:10:24 AM »
I tape specific shows.  Right now, I tape from GSN:

Family Feud (Syn - Dawson)
Family Feud (Net - Dawson)
Family Feud (Net - Combs)
Blockbusters

Matt Ottinger

The Recording of GSN
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2004, 11:26:05 AM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' date=\'Mar 8 2004, 11:11 AM\'] Generally, when I have recorded GSN, I pop in a tape and just record whatever is on until the tape runs out.  Am I the only one who does it this way or is there much more specificity among the group? [/quote]
 I used to do that in the old days when there were classic shows pretty much all day long, and when those classics were still relatively "new" to us.  I haven't done that in at least five years, and any time I record anything nowadays on GSN, it's a very specific show.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

melman1

The Recording of GSN
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2004, 01:12:30 PM »
I know how to read a schedule and program a VCR, so I don't end up with tapes full of Newlywed Game and Love Connection, etc.
melman1, "some sort of God on this message board" - PYLdude, 7/9/06.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
The Recording of GSN
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2004, 02:02:38 PM »
[quote name=\'melman1\' date=\'Mar 8 2004, 11:12 AM\'] I know how to read a schedule and program a VCR [/quote]
 The rest of us just gave up and bought a Tivo instead. ;)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Jimmy Owen

The Recording of GSN
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2004, 03:14:56 PM »
[quote name=\'melman1\' date=\'Mar 8 2004, 01:12 PM\'] I know how to read a schedule and program a VCR, so I don't end up with tapes full of Newlywed Game and Love Connection, etc. [/quote]
 That's cool.  I beginning to think I'm the only person on the planet that has tapes of "When Did That Happen" and "Super Decades."
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

adamjk

The Recording of GSN
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2004, 05:06:47 PM »
Here are the GSN shows I tape:
Blockbusters
Card Sharks
MG 7x
MG PM
MG(syndie)
FF(Dawson Syndie)
FF(ABC Dawson)
FF(CBS Combs)
PYL
Lingo
I'm not taping and saving now though. I have over 100 tapes, only a few marked. So I am going through them one by one in order right now.
The only show I tape now is Price, though I don't save them right now. Instead I just tape over them. BTW, the reason I have stopped is because, when I was recording, I wouldn't watch the shows. As I wanted to go through them in order. As a result, I would never get through them.

BTW, here are the other non-GSN shows I record(not presently)
Jeopardy (season 19)
Price is Right
Super Sloppy Double Dare/Family Double Dare(Marc Summers)
Family Feud(Richard Karn) (Season 4 on PAX)

GS Warehouse

The Recording of GSN
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2004, 05:21:50 PM »
Right now, I have only been taping Blockbusters from GSN, but I have taped all five Super Millionaire shows, and (if I can remember--I forgot all about Sylvester's complaint to PYL yesterday >:-( ) hope to tape the final week of H² the week of May 31.  The most frequent series in my collection is Card Sharks, about 500 Perry and 200 Eubanks.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2004, 05:22:30 PM by GS Warehouse »

rigsby

The Recording of GSN
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2004, 06:20:35 PM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' date=\'Mar 8 2004, 03:14 PM\']That's cool.  I beginning to think I'm the only person on the planet that has tapes of "When Did That Happen" and "Super Decades."[/quote]
You're not...I probably could have stopped recording Super Decades when it was obvious that I, as an phone player alternate, was not going on the show, but I didn't.  

And I stumbled into taping the WDTH finale just to see if they would have any followup comment to rather dumb comments made on Extreme Gong earlier that same evening.

combsisthebest

The Recording of GSN
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2004, 07:30:20 PM »
I do stick a tape in, and just let it record. ONLY because I have GSN for free preview (for a week) every certain amount of weeks. I try to get what I can. Shows that I want most are: PYL, TANLMAD, WLOD, FF (Combs), Blockbusters, and Card Sharks.

Don Howard

The Recording of GSN
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2004, 08:06:47 AM »
I used to just stick a tape in the gizmo, and just tape-ho for six or eight hours,
rinse and repeat. Now there are only about five shows on the sked that I go for
on a regular basis.
Thanks to Game World or Game TV or Game Armpits or
whatever it was, I have in my collection the following witty, spontaneous
and unrehearsed banter between comedy legends Dave Nemeth and Nancy
Sullivan:
DAVE: She's Nancy Sullivan--woman of many voices. I'm Dave Nemeth--man
of none.
NANCY: You're a nun? They have male nuns now.
(haw haw haw haw haw haw haw haw haw haw haw)

Ian Wallis

The Recording of GSN
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2004, 08:57:45 AM »
Even though I had GSN almost from the beginning, I only saved a few shows on tape during the first couple of years.  I didn't really start saving a lot until I got into tape trading in late 1996.  Looking back, I kind of regret not saving more from the early years - but I do have most of the early promos on tape (Mr. Hostman, anyone?)

For the past several years any time I've taped GSN it's been for a specific show.  Sometimes it's a show I want to add more of to my collection, sometimes it's a specific show that we know something special will happen on.  I've hardly taped anything at all recently though.  Not enough on the schedule I really felt I needed to have.

I do have a few episodes of stuff like "Game TV".  I thought it was neat the once in a blue moon that it actually had something to do with game shows - like when they had Bob Stewart on, for example; and I do have Larry Anderson's last 10 minutes of "Trivia Track"!
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

combsisthebest

The Recording of GSN
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2004, 10:18:23 AM »
When I am not at home, I also mix it in with Price is Right and Feud episodes (in synciation) then it goes back to taping GSN.

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
The Recording of GSN
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2004, 11:10:53 AM »
[quote name=\'combsisthebest\' date=\'Mar 9 2004, 09:18 AM\'] When I am not at home, I also mix it in with Price is Right and Feud episodes (in synciation) then it goes back to taping GSN. [/quote]
 Count me among the specific show tapers.

As an aside, I don't have the luxury (for lack of a better word) of being able to mix and match when I'm not home since GSN is only accessible for me via digital (and my VCR will only record analog channels)--so I need to utilize the ole A/B switch in order to tape GSN.

Unless someone else here has an idea (hint, hint).  :)

Doug -- soon to celebrate 400 posts
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
The Recording of GSN
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2004, 11:28:28 AM »
[quote name=\'SRIV94\' date=\'Mar 9 2004, 09:10 AM\'] Unless someone else here has an idea (hint, hint). 
 [/quote]
Get you a Tivo. ;)

(Yes, I know, 'spensive. But quickly becoming less so, and there are many members here who will swear on the religious publication of your choice that there is no better investment for your entertainment dollar, particularly if most of that dollar is spent on TV anyhow.)

(But if 'spensive is a dealbreaker....)
(and my VCR will only record analog channels)
For less money than a Tivo, you can get a VCR's with an infrared adapter (I'm pretty sure they are standard equipment on most any recently made unit, unless you bought it in the impulse lane at Fred Meyer) that will change the channel on your cable box for you when it needs to tape something, and that would get around your A/B limitations, in part. The downside is that your VCR would effectively have control of your cable box when it was recording, and you'd be stuck on the A-side if you were taping something and wanted to watch something else, but that's the same caveat you're gonna have with pretty much any solution that doesn't involve a change of television service, including Tivo.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2004, 11:30:11 AM by clemon79 »
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe