Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Generation Gap season 2 debut  (Read 2742 times)

whewfan

Generation Gap season 2 debut
« on: June 30, 2023, 03:59:37 AM »
I was REALLY hoping they would change the bonus game... they didn't... well maybe we'll see more toddlers choose the big prize, because future contestants can now coach their toddler to pick the big prize that the whole family could enjoy.

Here's what I think should happen... The bonus round should focus on TV shows and pop culture of the TODDLER's generation. Answer a certain number of questions right, they win the car AND the prize for the toddler... fail to do so, only the toddler wins his/her prize. See, it's still a win/win because the toddler gets what he/she wants either way.

MikeK

• Martha!
Re: Generation Gap season 2 debut
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2023, 04:57:36 AM »
I was REALLY hoping they would change the bonus game... they didn't... well maybe we'll see more toddlers choose the big prize, because future contestants can now coach their toddler to pick the big prize that the whole family could enjoy.
But it was changed, sort of.  Two jet skis were on offer, so it wasn't as simple as pick the car.  And what 3-year old understands the concept of picking something the whole family can enjoy?

To mix it up, I'd put the expensive prize on the right, from the winning team's POV, to eliminate kids being coached to "go left."

WilliamPorygon

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2023, 05:12:28 AM »
I don't know if it came up last season or not, but apparently the "make a bad guess so we can all laugh at you" aspect is enforced, as at one point a team was docked $100 for just letting time run out on their turn instead.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2023, 07:49:07 AM »
Here's what I think should happen... The bonus round should focus on TV shows and pop culture of the TODDLER's generation. Answer a certain number of questions right, they win the car AND the prize for the toddler... fail to do so, only the toddler wins his/her prize. See, it's still a win/win because the toddler gets what he/she wants either way.
but that’s not what it is SUPPOSED to be ABOUT. It is about a TODDLER getting to make a CHOICE that is UNENCUMBERED by the PARENTS. The entire POINT is the inherent silliness of a kiddo choosing with no regard to marginal utility or the family car having 289,000 miles on it.

Humor is a funny thing sometimes.
Travis L. Eberle

BillCullen1

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2023, 09:28:13 AM »
Having three families tightened up the pacing of the show. The awkward silence pauses of no one answering didn't seem as long. The bonus round is what it is. I enjoyed it and will watch this again.

BillCullen1

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2023, 10:40:41 AM »
On Live this morning, Kelly announced there was a new episode of GG this evening (7/6). She also said they taped in New York this year. If I had known that, I might have tried to get tickets for it.