Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: @midnight replacing The Late Late Show?  (Read 10308 times)

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
Re: @midnight replacing The Late Late Show?
« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2023, 10:01:50 AM »
I would hope one of the first things they do is announce that they're not going to use any content from "X" and focus on other social mediae.

Media is the correct word. It is the plural of medium and a collective noun.

At last! A use for the three years of Latin I studied in middle (junior high) school.

colonial

« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2024, 01:26:36 PM »
Per Deadline, After Midnight will premiere on Jan. 16 after Colbert.

https://deadline.com/2024/01/after-midnight-taylor-tomlinson-premiere-date-cbs-1235695146/

JD

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2024, 02:47:22 PM »
Per Deadline, After Midnight will premiere on Jan. 16 after Colbert.

https://deadline.com/2024/01/after-midnight-taylor-tomlinson-premiere-date-cbs-1235695146/

Ooooh, sooner than I expected. I am excite!
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

MSTieScott

• Executive Producer
« Reply #33 on: January 04, 2024, 03:23:36 PM »
The article doesn't make clear whether Tuesday is because 12:37 a.m. is technically Tuesday morning (i.e., immediately following Monday's episode of The Late Show) or Tuesday as in "the second day of the traditional late night week." I assume the former, but local TV listings haven't been updated to reflect the new schedule.

splinkynip

« Reply #34 on: January 04, 2024, 04:14:46 PM »
From The Hollywood Reporter:
The network will debut the show, hosted by comedian Taylor Tomlinson and based on Comedy Central’s @midnight, on Jan. 16 — or technically Jan. 17, as it debuts at 12:37 a.m. ET/PT, but at the tail end of the Jan. 16 broadcast day.

ChrisLambert!

• Overthrow, Sister Havana
« Reply #35 on: January 04, 2024, 04:42:59 PM »
Emmys are Monday 1/15, so late-night is dark that day.
@lambertman

whewfan

« Reply #36 on: January 05, 2024, 03:46:28 AM »
Unless I am very much mistaken, I am under the impression After Midnight will be a talk show, not a game show. I am a fan of Taylor Tomlinson and I can't see her hosting a game show, but I do think it would be interesting to see her interviewing guests. I am really rooting for her, I think she'll be great.

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #37 on: January 05, 2024, 07:48:06 AM »
Unless I am very much mistaken, I am under the impression After Midnight will be a talk show, not a game show. I am a fan of Taylor Tomlinson and I can't see her hosting a game show, but I do think it would be interesting to see her interviewing guests. I am really rooting for her, I think she'll be great.

If you are expecting a program where Taylor Tomlinson sits at a desk and interviews guests, then you are, in fact, very much mistaken.  As has been reported many, many times, this program is based on the Comedy Central program @midnight.  There will probably be differences between this and the original show, and we'll find that out soon enough, but @midnight is usually referred to as a game show.  It is a game show in much the same way that Whose Line Is It Anyway? is a game show.  Professional funny people make up funny things on the spot and are awarded points by the host more or less arbitrarily.  Some folks might want to argue whether or not that sort of format constitutes what WE typically think of as a "game show," but whatever the show is, it is not a talk show.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

BrandonFG

« Reply #38 on: January 05, 2024, 11:16:39 AM »
Unless I am very much mistaken
You are. The article acknowledges it as a reboot of the CC game show, and both Jack Martin and Eric Pierce have extensive game show experience (also mentioned in the article). Eric is also really good peoples.

Don’t overthink this one.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

BrandonFG

« Reply #39 on: January 05, 2024, 01:00:23 PM »
The article doesn't make clear whether Tuesday is because 12:37 a.m. is technically Tuesday morning (i.e., immediately following Monday's episode of The Late Show) or Tuesday as in "the second day of the traditional late night week." I assume the former, but local TV listings haven't been updated to reflect the new schedule.
This is something that always confused me a bit with the 12:35 am and later shows. I guess you could still say it technically premieres Monday because it’s still 11:35 pm Central, but it’s a lotta math that makes my brain hurt.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #40 on: January 05, 2024, 01:33:10 PM »
By that logic SNL should be Sunday Morning Live for an hour starting at midnight
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

DoItRockapella

« Reply #41 on: January 10, 2024, 08:10:50 PM »
/Am curious to see what happens with Hashtag Wars

Just happened to notice that After Midnight is now conducting their first Hashtag War - on Threads.

https://www.threads.net/@aftermidnight

I checked their accounts on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter X - there is no mention of it on any of them.

BrandonFG

« Reply #42 on: January 10, 2024, 09:11:40 PM »
Hmmm…I put off getting on Threads but I might have to reconsider. Thanks for the heads-up!

Kevin Prather

« Reply #43 on: January 10, 2024, 11:59:16 PM »
I just deleted Threads the other day. It appears to have gotten just about as caustic as X, if not more so.

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #44 on: January 12, 2024, 04:54:34 PM »

This might be the first image of the set, and it's not even official.  A friend of mine (in fact, my former morning news coanchor) works for CBS and creates content for the local stations to use on their newscasts.  She interviewed Tomlinson today, and shared what looks like her own snapshot on her Facebook page.  I know their Threads account is still teasing a set reveal.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2024, 05:10:58 PM by Matt Ottinger »
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.