Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: ABC announces J! Masters  (Read 3860 times)

Jeremy Nelson

Re: ABC announces J! Masters
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2023, 09:40:16 PM »
Format was announced earlier this week on the Jeopardy Podcast:

10 hour long episodes, two games per hour. Everyone shows up in either the first or second game. The pod hosts say that  we'll be seeing every possible player combination, which seems dubious, but one of the math experts can verify.

First and second place in each episode get points in the standings ala soccer or hockey (no specifics were given on what those amounts would be).

Top three in the standings at the end of the series get spots in the next Masters series, while the bottom three are relegated to the brand new Jeopardy Invitational. The newly-crowned ToC champion takes the fourth spot in the next Masters, while the other two Masters spots go to the top finishers in the Invitational.

Davies' sportification of Jeopardy is becoming a reality.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2023, 10:42:34 AM by Jeremy Nelson »
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2023, 10:19:10 PM »
There are twenty ways to choose three options from a pool of six.

I certainly don’t mind more events and more Jeopardy generally but if we aren’t going to see some of the old guard get a chance to elbow their way in on this they should get a separate parallel league. Perhaps a Classic Division.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2023, 05:38:25 AM by TLEberle »
Travis L. Eberle

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2023, 10:50:15 AM »
I certainly don’t mind more events and more Jeopardy generally but I’d we aren’t going to see some of the old guard get a chance to elbow their way in on this they should get a separate parallel league. Perhaps a Classic Division.

Seniors Tournament? I kid.

That said, I am a little bummed at how Jeopardy has mostly eschewed the pre-2000 champions, and would love to see a couple show up in the Invitational every year. We've pretty much seen the same 15 or 20 people come back for most tournaments in the last decade, so these events have started to get a little stale.
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2023, 04:27:34 PM »
in a "Champions League-style event."

In the 39th minute the studio audience needs to break out in an honorary singing of "Think!" Regardless of what is happening at that moment.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe