The Game Show Forum > Game Show Channels & Networks

Buzzr aspect ratio

<< < (2/6) > >>

MSTieScott:
I think it's an affiliate thing. Several months ago, Buzzr started showing up on my screen too narrow -- like the affiliate had the properly proportioned feed centered in a 16:9 frame with black bars on the sides, but then squeezed that 16:9 image to fit in a 4:3 frame. That persisted for about a week, but no one else mentioned it, so I assume it was local to me.

Recently (in the past few months or so), I've noticed more artifacts when the video has a lot of elements changing at once, like the bandwidth has gotten lower. Supermarket Sweep has always had its rough patches on that front, but now it's sometimes happening even on relatively static shows like Classic Concentration. I compared my antenna feed to the feed directly on Buzzr's website -- the artifacting isn't happening on buzzrtv.com, so it must be my affiliate.

Allstar87:

--- Quote from: MSTieScott on April 22, 2022, 02:15:46 AM ---I think it's an affiliate thing. Several months ago, Buzzr started showing up on my screen too narrow -- like the affiliate had the properly proportioned feed centered in a 16:9 frame with black bars on the sides, but then squeezed that 16:9 image to fit in a 4:3 frame. That persisted for about a week, but no one else mentioned it, so I assume it was local to me.

--- End quote ---

That's exactly how my affiliate's displayed the picture since July of last year. Definitely annoying.

PYLdude:
The one thing that always seems to happen on my TV feed is that the audio is out of sync. If you listen to it sometimes, it seems like one side is a second or two ahead so you can hear what's about to happen before it does.

Bryce L.:
Strange... for me, the only time I ever hear "early" audio is on 1960s Password, and I'd assume that's more a case of print-through on the master tapes than an actual BUZZR fault.

Sodboy13:
Okay, here's one for the "is it the network or is it the affiliate" crowd. Turned on Buzzr this morning and both the video and audio are skipping/stalling on frames multiple times per second. It's like watching RealPlayer on dialup.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version