Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Seen in GameStop today...  (Read 2580 times)

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
Seen in GameStop today...
« on: February 27, 2004, 03:22:23 AM »
I came across something called "Hit Game Show 5-Pack"; or something to that order.  It had these games:

Jeopardy! 2nd Edition [Artech Studios]
Wheel of Fortune; 2nd Edition [Hasbro Interactive]
$100,000 Pyramid [Box Office]--just kidding. It contains the Sierra version.
TV Land's Classic Trivia game
Weakest Link [Activision]

Priced at only $20.00, it wouldn't be a bad grab.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

Craig Karlberg

« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2004, 05:22:33 AM »
That's a mere $4 a game.  That's DEFINETELY a bargain bin seller there.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2004, 11:51:29 AM »
[quote name=\'Dsmith\' date=\'Feb 27 2004, 01:22 AM\'] I came across something called "Hit Game Show 5-Pack"; or something to that order.  It had these games:

Priced at only $20.00, it wouldn't be a bad grab. [/quote]
 Do you remember who the packager of this was? I'm sure there were Activision, Infogrames, and Sierra logos on the box, but did you see anything that might have indicated who put this collection together?
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Dbacksfan12

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2004, 03:04:51 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Feb 27 2004, 11:51 AM\'] [quote name=\'Dsmith\' date=\'Feb 27 2004, 01:22 AM\'] I came across something called "Hit Game Show 5-Pack"; or something to that order.  It had these games:

Do you remember who the packager of this was? I'm sure there were Activision, Infogrames, and Sierra logos on the box, but did you see anything that might have indicated who put this collection together? [/quote]
 I knew someone would ask me that.  There was a logo of a company [I had never heard of it that packaged it together.
--Mark

aaron sica

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2004, 03:05:42 PM »
[quote name=\'Dsmith\' date=\'Feb 27 2004, 03:04 PM\'] [quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Feb 27 2004, 11:51 AM\'] [quote name=\'Dsmith\' date=\'Feb 27 2004, 01:22 AM\'] I came across something called "Hit Game Show 5-Pack"; or something to that order.  It had these games:

Do you remember who the packager of this was? I'm sure there were Activision, Infogrames, and Sierra logos on the box, but did you see anything that might have indicated who put this collection together? [/quote]
I knew someone would ask me that.  There was a logo of a company [I had never heard of it that packaged it together. [/quote]
 I'm going shopping today, so I'll take a look and see if I can find it and we'll find out who's putting this package together..

clemon79

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2004, 03:42:17 PM »
[quote name=\'aaron sica\' date=\'Feb 27 2004, 01:05 PM\'] [quote name=\'Dsmith\' date=\'Feb 27 2004, 03:04 PM\'] I knew someone would ask me that.  There was a logo of a company [I had never heard of it that packaged it together. [/quote]
I'm going shopping today, so I'll take a look and see if I can find it and we'll find out who's putting this package together.. [/quote]
 Interesting, thanks, guys. I'm just mildly curious, because I haven't heard about this, and it can be added to the list of "Things Chris Probably Should Have Been Told About At Work, But Wasn't..."

aaron sica

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2004, 04:05:05 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Feb 27 2004, 03:42 PM\'] Interesting, thanks, guys. I'm just mildly curious, because I haven't heard about this, and it can be added to the list of "Things Chris Probably Should Have Been Told About At Work, But Wasn't..." [/quote]
Best Buy didn't have it; but I'm also not sure of why I didn't think of this before...I looked online and found it.

For Chris and anyone else who's interested in what this looks like:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detai...ogames&n=507846

Encore Software seems to be the packager...And I'm also guessing that D. Smith saw it online, as it's not scheduled to be released until 1 May 2004.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2004, 04:06:25 PM by aaron sica »

clemon79

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2004, 04:52:03 PM »
[quote name=\'aaron sica\' date=\'Feb 27 2004, 02:05 PM\'] Encore Software seems to be the packager...And I'm also guessing that D. Smith saw it online, as it's not scheduled to be released until 1 May 2004. [/quote]
 ....which would explain why I haven't heard anything about this yet. Very good. Thanks for the legwork, Aaron. :)

Dbacksfan12

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2004, 12:57:10 AM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Feb 27 2004, 04:52 PM\'] [quote name=\'aaron sica\' date=\'Feb 27 2004, 02:05 PM\'] Encore Software seems to be the packager...And I'm also guessing that D. Smith saw it online, as it's not scheduled to be released until 1 May 2004. [/quote]
....which would explain why I haven't heard anything about this yet. Very good. Thanks for the legwork, Aaron. :) [/quote]
 Au contere.
It was sitting on the shelf, plain as day yesterday.  Interesting....
--Mark

Craig Karlberg

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2004, 06:43:13 AM »
I saw 2 of those games(Wheel of Fortune & Jeopardy! 2 at Sam's Club in Pennsylvania earlier this month but they were sold seperately instead of the 5 game package.  Those went for $9.83 each there.  Still not a bad deal there.

NickS

« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2004, 09:57:35 AM »
It's odd that it wasn't supposed to be released until May, because Media Play was stocking it on their shelves out here when I was there in early February.

It ran for around $15, IIRC.  I passed.