The Game Show Forum > Game Show Channels & Networks

Newlywed Game coming to Buzzr?

<< < (9/23) > >>

chargeradiocom:

--- Quote from: Bryce L. on October 16, 2021, 06:29:25 PM ---
--- Quote from: chargeradiocom on October 16, 2021, 05:59:09 PM ---Also, if BUZZR is just dying to have a relationship game show, TNG would probably be more palatable to their core audience than Bzzz! was. (I’m not sure why they’d be dying to have one, but I’m also not sure why they singled out that particular genre on that one survey. Maybe there’s a key sponsor that really wants it.)

--- End quote ---
Don't they already have that genre, if you count Tattletales? (Which, by the way, starts fresh episodes on Monday November 1, episode 0354.)

--- End quote ---
You could certainly argue that point. In that survey, though, I recall the question specifically being asked if respondents would be interested in seeing dating and relationship shows on BUZZR, as if they didn’t have one already. (I do wish we had a transcript or screencaps from that survey.)  I don’t know, maybe they count Tattletales as more of a celebrity show, whereas civilian relationship shows would be a different category. Just guessing as to what their thinking might have been.

Jimmy Owen:
If they sent out a tease with an asterisk background, would you guess TPIR or Dating Game?

parliboy:

--- Quote from: Jimmy Owen on October 16, 2021, 08:33:43 PM ---If they sent out a tease with an asterisk background, would you guess TPIR or Dating Game?

--- End quote ---

Well, the Goodson-Todman asterisk is six-sided, and The Dating Game's asterisk is five-sided.  So I'm not sure that's a good question.

Jimmy Owen:

--- Quote from: parliboy on October 16, 2021, 11:16:39 PM ---
--- Quote from: Jimmy Owen on October 16, 2021, 08:33:43 PM ---If they sent out a tease with an asterisk background, would you guess TPIR or Dating Game?

--- End quote ---

Well, the Goodson-Todman asterisk is six-sided, and The Dating Game's asterisk is five-sided.  So I'm not sure that's a good question.

--- End quote ---
.  Did not realize that.  What about The Mike Douglas Show's Game Show Host week?

Blanquepage:

--- Quote from: WhammyPower on October 14, 2021, 04:30:41 PM ---
--- Quote from: Bryce L. on October 14, 2021, 04:41:10 AM ---
--- Quote from: WhammyPower on October 13, 2021, 09:51:07 PM ---I'm going to predict its Buzzr timeslot right now: A replacement for the 8PM Classic Concentration (since the new eps. have always been put in at 1PM)

EDIT: I just realized they could do something more... They can move Card Sharks to before Sweep to give is "Love Is in the Cards with Bob Eubanks."

--- End quote ---
So, are you envisioning something like this, maybe?

8:00pm: Newlywed Game 77
8:30pm: Card Sharks 86
9:00pm: Supermarket Sweep 5
9:30pm: Super Password 85

--- End quote ---
Exactly that, yes.

--- End quote ---
Apologies, but there's just no way BUZZR is going to remove Alex from primetime. Maybe Match Game PM's slot, or some other slot non-primetime to test the waters.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version