Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Next Jeopardy! Host  (Read 29114 times)

Clay Zambo

Re: Next Jeopardy! Host
« Reply #135 on: August 24, 2021, 10:02:26 AM »
If Mike did some big speech at the top of the show about how honored he is to be selected as the new permanent host, cut that (and leave in more of the contestant interviews!). Edit "the nnnnneeeeewwwww host" from the intro, if Johnny did that. Otherwise, run the shows. Everybody who's been following the story even a little knows what happened; no clean way to hide it.
czambo@mac.com

DjohnsonCB

« Reply #136 on: August 24, 2021, 01:47:19 PM »
"Disconnect her buzzer...disconnect EVERYONE'S buzzer!"

--Alex Trebel

BrandonFG

« Reply #137 on: August 24, 2021, 01:55:20 PM »
Joe Buck seems to be doing well: https://tvnewscheck.com/top-news/programming/article/jeopardy-scores-with-joe-buck-on-the-mound/
I'm not the biggest fan of him as a commentator (he's grown on me over the years), but I thought he did pretty well behind the podium. That said, I doubt he leaves the NFL or MLB booth anytime soon.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Stackertosh

« Reply #138 on: August 25, 2021, 07:59:00 AM »
David Faber said he would take the job full time if offered. I enjoyed his week of shows

https://www.newsweek.com/jeopardy-host-david-faber-says-hed-take-job-full-time-if-he-was-offered-it-1616807

Fixed broken link. -knagl
« Last Edit: August 25, 2021, 11:15:03 PM by knagl »

napanickg

« Reply #139 on: August 25, 2021, 12:53:29 PM »
Seconded for Mark L Walberg. Spectrum 1 NY news reporter Pat Kiernan also expressed an interest in the job, but he never got the chance to audition.
i think i figured out why pat keirnan wont get the gig, https://nymag.com/intelligencer/article/ny1-news-lawsuit.html

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #140 on: August 25, 2021, 08:01:38 PM »
David Faber said he would take the job full time if offered. I enjoyed his week of shows

[url]https://www.newsweek.com/jeopardy-host-david-faber-says-hed-take-job-full-time-if-he-was-offered-it-1616807/url]

If they're clever, they could set up David Faber to do his CNBC stuff remotely from the west coast.

tidefan12

« Reply #141 on: August 26, 2021, 12:07:54 AM »
Joe Buck seems to be doing well: https://tvnewscheck.com/top-news/programming/article/jeopardy-scores-with-joe-buck-on-the-mound/
I'm not the biggest fan of him as a commentator (he's grown on me over the years), but I thought he did pretty well behind the podium. That said, I doubt he leaves the NFL or MLB booth anytime soon.

Not sure why everyone thinks hosting J! would conflict with Buck's PBP duties.  I would think they could easily work around that schedule. 

TimK2003

« Reply #142 on: August 26, 2021, 04:30:00 PM »
Looks like Mike will hang onto his EP job, albeit on a very short leash, provided he does some "sensitivity training"...

https://kotaku.com/jeopardy-s-mike-richards-is-getting-a-babysitter-instea-1847562858

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #143 on: August 26, 2021, 04:51:15 PM »
Just pay off his contract.  He's toast
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

Kniwt

« Reply #144 on: August 27, 2021, 05:07:23 AM »
In an op-ed for The Washington Post, 11-time winner Arthur Chu weighs in on the whole mess.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2021/08/26/mike-richards-jeopardy-host-guest-arthur-chu

The disruption of rotating hosts was jarring enough for a show built on dependability, but the whole celebrity concept betrayed the secret of how “Jeopardy!” captivated us: the fantasy that you or I or anyone else could be the one in the spotlight. Anyone who’s good enough at trivia, even a schlubby nerd from Ohio, could get their turn to write the story of the show. During my streak, there was no question I was the main character, even if it was as the “villain.” Today, Matt Amodio is an 18-day champion and the third-winningest regular-season contestant in “Jeopardy!” history, but his story has taken a backseat to the drama on the host’s side of the stage.

... After the last year we’ve had — after the past five years we’ve had — is it too much to ask that just one beloved American institution not be sabotaged by shortsightedness and ego? In the world of television (and everything else), can we not have one safe space where the expectations stay consistent, everyone does their job and the little people get a chance to shine?

There can still be a place for “Jeopardy!,” so long as it centers on the contestants again, and on its own reliability. It just needs some help getting back there. So let me pass on what one child said to me back when I was playing the villain, a message that might be useful to Richards, or to interloping celebrities, or to anyone else who would steal the spotlight or shake up the show: “Why can’t you just do something else, and leave ‘Jeopardy!’ alone?”

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #145 on: August 27, 2021, 09:08:56 AM »
Past five years? Er? I was with him until that.
Travis L. Eberle

CarbonCpy

« Reply #146 on: August 27, 2021, 09:18:08 AM »
lmao richards has to have a nursemaid following him around on account of his poor impulse control.

just an absolutely fine job all around in this dumpster fire.

cmjb13

« Reply #147 on: August 27, 2021, 09:23:25 AM »
Does Richards have some bombshell information that he’s holding over Sony’s head for them to go through all this extra effort to keep him?

Sony is making it seem like the guy is irreplaceable.
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

chrisholland03

« Reply #148 on: August 27, 2021, 11:43:54 AM »
He's definitely positioning himself as if he has Sony over the barrel.  I'm hoping for a surprise reveral of fortune.

JMFabiano

« Reply #149 on: August 27, 2021, 12:31:10 PM »
Past five years? Er? I was with him until that.

I think I knows what he means....that line came out of left field, shall we say. 

(And yes I do wish for "safe" spaces on the television indeed.  Yeah yeah I know, shows always had political jokes and etc. etc.) 
« Last Edit: August 27, 2021, 01:11:49 PM by JMFabiano »
I'm a pacifist, and even I would like to see a little more action.