Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: "Slow where it should be fast, and fast where it should be slow"  (Read 3297 times)

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
Re: "Slow where it should be fast, and fast where it should be slow"
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2021, 12:54:25 AM »
With what feels like a shared genealogy to the vault heist of Estate of Panic or the treasure room siege of Fort Boyard The Bank Job takes an interesting idea and reduces it to a slow and unsatisfying muddle.

Harrumph.
Travis L. Eberle

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2021, 11:13:19 AM »
I genuinely don't know anymore if Pat's "beleaguered game show host" bit is only a bit, or if he's really that disinterested in the proceedings.
I'm guessing this started somewhere in 1989 when the talk show never took off and he realized that Wheel would always be the thing he'd be best known for.

Hip Hop Squares was great during its first area, but then they really leaned into the personalities, and the game ground to a complete stop for long periods.
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

SamJ93

« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2021, 12:14:07 PM »
Speed rounds on celeb-driven shows--like Match-Ups on MG '90 or the later-season bonus rounds on HS '98 always seem out-of-place to me. It takes the show from a casual, banter-filled atmosphere to suddenly becoming frantic and less humorous.
It's a well-known fact that Lincoln loved mayonnaise!

Neumms

« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2021, 04:04:41 PM »
Speed rounds on celeb-driven shows--like Match-Ups on MG '90 or the later-season bonus rounds on HS '98 always seem out-of-place to me. It takes the show from a casual, banter-filled atmosphere to suddenly becoming frantic and less humorous.

I agree, as they said on the latter. They upped the pace, but provided nothing. Both games were flipping a coin.