The Game Show Forum > The Big Board

More classic Nickelodeon game shows on Paramount+

<< < (3/8) > >>

cmjb13:
I guess this explains why they never put a classic Nick channel on Pluto.

jlgarfield:

--- Quote from: nowhammies10 on March 24, 2021, 10:25:38 PM ---
--- Quote from: snowpeck on March 24, 2021, 08:12:16 PM ---
--- Quote from: BrandonFG on March 24, 2021, 08:03:59 PM ---
--- Quote from: SuperMatch93 on March 24, 2021, 07:53:22 PM ---
--- Quote from: snowpeck on March 24, 2021, 07:36:26 PM ---including the earliest Nick season of You Can't Do That on Television.

--- End quote ---

Are they the half-hour or hour long cuts?

--- End quote ---
Did Nick ever air anything other than a half-hour version?

--- End quote ---
Half hour. I've not seen any evidence that the hourlong cuts still exist. They only aired on CJOH in Ottawa.

--- End quote ---

And any master tapes that may have still existed in their archives were likely lost to a fire in 2010.

--- End quote ---

Actually, no. The YCDTOTV tapes were located in another area of the CJOH compound unaffected by the fire (thankfully).

RyanCDN:

--- Quote from: vtown7 on March 25, 2021, 07:59:57 PM ---
--- Quote from: BrandonFG on March 25, 2021, 07:42:45 PM ---/I did win a Nick hat for knowing Moira Quirk co-hosted Guts

--- End quote ---

DO-DO-DO-DO-YOU-STILL-HAVE-IT?

--- Quote from: BrandonFG on March 25, 2021, 07:42:45 PM ---//Paramount+ had me at You Can't Do That on Television

--- End quote ---

Quite gutted that as the home of YCDTOTV my country's update on Paramount+ is merely a name change and none of these fun Nick shows are available north of the border.  Especially YCDTOTV which basically hasn't run anywhere since Nick stopped running it umpteen years ago.

R.

--- End quote ---

My last memory of this would have been seeing it on YTV, with several memories of watching it during it’s original run.

vtown7:

--- Quote from: RyanCDN on March 26, 2021, 01:05:11 AM ---
--- Quote from: vtown7 on March 25, 2021, 07:59:57 PM ---
--- Quote from: BrandonFG on March 25, 2021, 07:42:45 PM ---/I did win a Nick hat for knowing Moira Quirk co-hosted Guts

--- End quote ---

DO-DO-DO-DO-YOU-STILL-HAVE-IT?

--- Quote from: BrandonFG on March 25, 2021, 07:42:45 PM ---//Paramount+ had me at You Can't Do That on Television

--- End quote ---

Quite gutted that as the home of YCDTOTV my country's update on Paramount+ is merely a name change and none of these fun Nick shows are available north of the border.  Especially YCDTOTV which basically hasn't run anywhere since Nick stopped running it umpteen years ago.

R.

--- End quote ---

My last memory of this would have been seeing it on YTV, with several memories of watching it during it’s original run.

--- End quote ---

Agreed fellow Ryan.  At launch time it was YCDT at 12:30 pm and then Whatever Turns You On at 1 pm on Saturdays.  IIRC it was also weeknights at 7:30 pm.

Side note: I lived about an hour's drive from CJOH when I was growing up.  I attended one part of a fan convention/reunion in 2002 and was thrilled to meet Les Lye (not to mention get a picture in the lockers).  Everyone was super nice and talked about how it really never got super huge here in Canada like it did on Nick.

For those of you who can get at Paramount+, enjoy! I look forward to these shows coming my way in the future.

Ryan.

Chelsea Thrasher:
Tiny update (not really part of the You Can't Do That on Television love-fest as that show was just a hair before my time) to add that the first season of the 2018 Double Dare reboot has also been added: https://www.paramountplus.com/shows/double-dare-2018/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version