The Game Show Forum > The Big Board

Game show false memories

<< < (25/44) > >>

Steve Gavazzi:

--- Quote from: That Don Guy on April 01, 2021, 09:31:54 PM ---I do remember one half-hour episode when, after the second pricing game, Bob told the viewers that the showcases would be next, only to correct himself and say that "Most Expensive" was next, so that title was in use early on.
--- End quote ---

Somewhere on G-R, we've got pictures of paperwork from the first episode, and the first game is plainly labeled as "Any Number."  The names weren't used on the air in the early days, but they always existed.

TimK2003:

--- Quote from: Clay Zambo on April 01, 2021, 09:52:21 AM ---
--- Quote from: ActualRetailMike on April 01, 2021, 02:46:06 AM ---The Numbers Game.  The TPiR home game from 1973 had, for some strange reason, different names for the familiar pricing games than were used on TV.  One example was the Any Number game, which they called "The Numbers Game".  Yet I have a distinct memory of it being titled The Numbers Game at one point on the show.

--- End quote ---

Pretty sure it was never labeled that way on the show, but it *was* on the home game.

--- End quote ---

So when did those early turntable games finally get names on their boards?  I know Any Number and Clock Game had generic facings when they premiered (and Clock Game went many years before they put the CG name on the board IIRC).

Mr. Armadillo:

--- Quote from: TimK2003 on April 03, 2021, 07:08:32 PM ---So when did those early turntable games finally get names on their boards?  I know Any Number and Clock Game had generic facings when they premiered (and Clock Game went many years before they put the CG name on the board IIRC).

--- End quote ---
May 28, 1974 for Any Number. 

The G-R FAQ didn't have a date for Clock Game, but 10 minutes of YT research pins it somewhere between Thanksgiving 1974 and July 1975.

Bryce L.:

--- Quote from: Mr. Armadillo on April 05, 2021, 12:13:49 AM ---
--- Quote from: TimK2003 on April 03, 2021, 07:08:32 PM ---So when did those early turntable games finally get names on their boards?  I know Any Number and Clock Game had generic facings when they premiered (and Clock Game went many years before they put the CG name on the board IIRC).

--- End quote ---
May 28, 1974 for Any Number. 

The G-R FAQ didn't have a date for Clock Game, but 10 minutes of YT research pins it somewhere between Thanksgiving 1974 and July 1975.

--- End quote ---
Not sure what part of the FAQ you checked, but the Timeline page has it narrowed to between May 23 (1423D) and July 4, 1975 (1485D).

Mr. Armadillo:
I checked The Pricing Games page.  I figured that if Any Number had its date there, that any info we had on Clock Game would be there as well.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version