The Game Show Forum > The Big Board

Deschanel and Bolton to Host “Celebrity Dating Game”

<< < (3/4) > >>

BrandonFG:

--- Quote from: calliaume on February 19, 2021, 11:32:55 AM ---Also agreed. The Dating Game was not a strong format to begin with--if the contestants didn't say anything naughty or funny (and how much of that material was written by Barris staffers?), it wouldn't have had a following at all. A change is needed.

--- End quote ---
I've mentioned this before, but a few months before the two shows premiered, our local TV critic wrote a blurb where Dating's EP said they went with the changes because the old way just wasn't gonna work in 1996. Of course they went back to the old format a year later, but I think your point still stands, 25 years later.

Chuck Sutton:
So is "professional celebrity guest". Joel Mchale single?

PYLdude:

--- Quote from: Chuck Sutton on February 20, 2021, 07:10:24 PM ---So is "professional celebrity guest". Joel Mchale single?

--- End quote ---

Not only is he not, he reaches his silver anniversary this year.

byrd62:
I wonder if we will see a disclaimer similar to that voiced by announcer Johnny Jacobs on the original Dating Game half a century ago:

"Dates with celebrities are always subject to their availability."

PYLdude:

--- Quote from: Kniwt on February 19, 2021, 06:33:57 AM ---The disappointment when clicking through and finding they weren't talking about John Bolton. 😀😈😜

--- End quote ---

Ah, John Bolton. The most famous walrus in the GOP.

(Seriously, that stache is legendary)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version