Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Dealer's Choice  (Read 2397 times)

kurtinrod62

Dealer's Choice
« on: February 19, 2004, 09:59:23 PM »
Was there any particular reason as to why Bob Hastings was dumped in favor of Jack Clark after only a handful of broadcasts?

ChuckNet

Dealer's Choice
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2004, 11:19:31 PM »
Was there any particular reason as to why Bob Hastings was dumped in favor of Jack Clark after only a handful of broadcasts?

No doubt because his over-hyped hosting style was a turn-off to most viewers...if there was ever an stronger argument against actors becoming GS hosts, I haven't found it.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")

tomobrien

Dealer's Choice
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2004, 11:22:45 PM »
[quote name=\'ChuckNet\' date=\'Feb 19 2004, 10:19 PM\']
No doubt because his over-hyped hosting style was a turn-off to most viewers...if there was ever an stronger argument against actors becoming GS hosts, I haven't found it.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")[/quote]
Jack Kelly, perhaps?

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
Dealer's Choice
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2004, 11:25:01 PM »
[quote name=\'tomobrien\' date=\'Feb 19 2004, 10:22 PM\'] [quote name=\'ChuckNet\' date=\'Feb 19 2004, 10:19 PM\']

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")[/quote]
Jack Kelly, perhaps? [/quote]
 I'll see your Jack Kelly and raise you one Patrick Wayne.

Doug -- and the countdown to 400 continues
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

Jimmy Owen

Dealer's Choice
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2004, 12:26:18 AM »
Not all actors were bad hosts.  Larry Blyden was a good host.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

rugrats1

Dealer's Choice
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2004, 12:44:09 AM »
Apparently, a change in syndicators and producers might have also played a role in the switching of Hastings to Clark. The Clark shows were produced by Fishman-Freer for Columbia Pictures, but I recall a different production company and syndicator for the Hastings episodes.

Jimmy Owen

Dealer's Choice
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2004, 01:26:11 AM »
[quote name=\'rugrats1\' date=\'Feb 20 2004, 12:44 AM\'] Apparently, a change in syndicators and producers might have also played a role in the switching of Hastings to Clark. The Clark shows were produced by Fishman-Freer for Columbia Pictures, but I recall a different production company and syndicator for the Hastings episodes. [/quote]
 The original syndicator was Les Wallwark and Associates, IIRC.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

BrandonFG

Dealer's Choice
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2004, 11:04:43 AM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' date=\'Feb 20 2004, 12:26 AM\'] Not all actors were bad hosts.  Larry Blyden was a good host. [/quote]
And both Richards have done well on Feud. Richard II has settled down quite a bit.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

uncamark

Dealer's Choice
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2004, 03:14:34 PM »
[quote name=\'rugrats1\' date=\'Feb 20 2004, 12:44 AM\']Apparently, a change in syndicators and producers might have also played a role in the switching of Hastings to Clark. The Clark shows were produced by Fishman-Freer for Columbia Pictures, but I recall a different production company and syndicator for the Hastings episodes.[/quote]
Seems to me that Clark took over before the change in syndicator.  Fishman-Freer produced the show from beginning to end.