Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Barker Price coming to Pluto TV  (Read 8682 times)

bulldog_06

Re: Barker Price coming to Pluto TV
« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2020, 06:53:18 PM »
What does this means for those that have Barker TPIR episodes uploaded on YouTube?

snowpeck

« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2020, 06:56:27 PM »
The episode that is there now just got to the first SCSD and the fee plugs are there, only one item is described.  Always like this, or did Fremantle do an MG/HS type edit to the plugs?

Different kind of plug. The group of 3 plugs for "contestants not appearing on stage" was before the second Showcase Showdown.

-Jason
Right, the one before the first Showcase Showdown was the door prize plug (Some members of our studio audience will receive...).
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

chrisholland03

« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2020, 07:47:04 PM »
What does this means for those that have Barker TPIR episodes uploaded on YouTube?

It probably means they need to be ready to adjust. 

Chelsea Thrasher

« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2020, 07:53:15 PM »

Although in TV anything is possible to change or have altered by some contract somewhere, more than likely it's the status quo.  Fremantle keeps hitting the videos for ContentID targeting, collects the Youtube ad revenue, and nothing changes. 

Fremantle makes ad revenue on the vast majority of game show fan Youtube uploads of their content, including Price - and enough for the cost/benefit to skew towards keeping them up. They aren't going to kill the golden goose unless and until they absolutely have to.  (They also get to see demographic and device data, which can be hugely useful)

JMFabiano

« Reply #34 on: December 01, 2020, 08:47:12 PM »
The episode that is there now just got to the first SCSD and the fee plugs are there, only one item is described.  Always like this, or did Fremantle do an MG/HS type edit to the plugs?

Different kind of plug. The group of 3 plugs for "contestants not appearing on stage" was before the second Showcase Showdown.

-Jason

Oh, LOL...been ages since I've watched 80s Price.
Right, the one before the first Showcase Showdown was the door prize plug (Some members of our studio audience will receive...).
I'm a pacifist, and even I would like to see a little more action.

TimK2003

« Reply #35 on: December 01, 2020, 09:11:47 PM »
Wht's the fifth? (I know of GSN, Buzzr, Game Show Central and now the TPIR channel)

STIRR has an all-Deal Or No Deal channel.
That one is also on Pluto.

There is also a random TV Classics channel either on Pluto or The Roku Channel where every once in a while they air at least one old game show: Take A Good Look, with Ernie Kovacs. 

I know its only a handful of episodes that the show had in total, but it's something.

jage

« Reply #36 on: December 01, 2020, 10:58:48 PM »
Yes other Pluto channels have some game show content, including the Nick channel with some of their classics from time to time. Are there others? I don't expect MTV or Comedy Central channels to reach that far back.

BrandonFG

« Reply #37 on: December 01, 2020, 11:24:05 PM »
The Comedy Central channel airs @midnight marathons pretty often.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

jage

« Reply #38 on: December 02, 2020, 06:02:57 AM »
Love @Midnight. Never really thought of it as a game show.
World Poker Tour has a channel as well, which aired on GSN for a time during their gambling phase.

Allstar87

« Reply #39 on: December 02, 2020, 10:26:05 AM »

Imad Khuri uploads a metric ton of TPIR to YouTube. Back in early November, he noted that Fremantle took down a slew of of his episodes...all of them from season 11. Along comes the Pluto channel, and whaddya know, they exclusively have season 11.

It seems that they'll leave episodes alone if Pluto's not going to air them in the forseeable future, but if they are, off they go.