The Game Show Forum > The Big Board

J! production resumes 11/30 with rotating guest hosts

<< < (6/7) > >>

MSTieScott:
Tom Bergeron is a great host, but Jeopardy! doesn't play to his strengths. He's best suited to a lighthearted environment that offers opportunities to go off-script and find a fun moment -- Breakfast Time was his ideal vehicle.

P.S.: Networks, please give Tom Bergeron another show like Breakfast Time.

chris319:

--- Quote ---Tom Bergeron is a great host, but Jeopardy! doesn't play to his strengths. He's best suited to a lighthearted environment that offers opportunities to go off-script and find a fun moment -- Breakfast Time was his ideal vehicle.
--- End quote ---

Bud Collyer comes to mind as an emcee who could deftly swing between the lighthearted Beat the Clock and To Tell the Truth which called for gravitas. I can't think of another emcee like that.

chris319:
If anyone happens to be in the studio for one of Ken's tapings, let us know what you think.

I thought he came across as a bit smug when he was a contestant.

Consider who the E.P. of the show is. He's not known for high standards when it comes to emcees and would probably like to have the job himself.

Mr. Armadillo:

--- Quote from: weaklink75 on December 05, 2020, 05:59:16 PM ---
--- Quote from: ChrisLambert! on December 05, 2020, 04:20:41 PM ---Surprised to see Tom Bergeron publicly take himself out of the running via tweet today:
 https://twitter.com/Tom_Bergeron/status/1335267731885547521

--- End quote ---

Doesn't he still live on the East Coast? IIRC, CBS really wanted him for TPIR after Barker retired, but he didn't want to do the commute (and they even offered to move the show to NYC, but he wouldn't commit long term and that's why they ultimately passed).
--- End quote ---
That's right.  I got the impression at the time that Tom was more or less done with game shows after Squares ended and nothing I've seen since has indicated otherwise.

clemon79:

--- Quote from: PPatters on December 05, 2020, 11:25:34 PM ---She's known for being smart -- she's famous for having coauthored a paper in mathematics as an undergraduate at UCLA, and she's written several books about math aimed at a popular audience.

--- End quote ---

More to the point, I think I'm going to trust Tom Farking Bergeron's expertise on the subject more than Random Fan's.

/and I speak as a Random Fan as well

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version