The Game Show Forum > The Big Board

J! production resumes 11/30 with rotating guest hosts

<< < (3/7) > >>

ChrisLambert!:

--- Quote from: petek66 on November 23, 2020, 11:18:42 PM ---Would have made more sense to finish the new episodes as planned on Christmas Day since he usually acknowledges
holidays and may even have holiday themed categories.

--- End quote ---

It would not make sense, for the very reasoning behind the decision not to do it.

Jimmy Owen:
Somebody who might be interested and I think would have the name recognition and gravitas would be George Clooney, since movie making is uncertain right now.

jjman920:

--- Quote from: petek66 on November 23, 2020, 11:18:42 PM ---Would have made more sense to finish the new episodes as planned on Christmas Day since he usually acknowledges
holidays and may even have holiday themed categories. Run the "Best Of" the last week of December and come back with
guest hosts on January 4.

--- End quote ---
It would have and I wish they could. The poignancy of the timing sinking in with the comfort of it being Christmas. Having Christmas themed categories isn't a hard and fast tradition, but has been done in the past five years. And while Jeopardy isn't always topical, Alex does the occasional mention of significant days, of which Christmas will qualify. Mike Richards has stated that the first show of Alex's final week starts with a powerful message about togetherness and family, that I wouldn't be surprised ties into the holiday season.

But as someone alluded to, ABC accounts for over half the stations J! is aired on and, unfortunately, the NBA has had a lockdown on Christmas Day for a few years now. And with something as complex and profitable as NBA's scheduling, it's not surprising that things can't be worked around just because of a game show. While I would've liked a YT/streaming service upload or primetime airing on Boxing Day for those in affected markets, I don't think it would have the same impact as it would airing in its normal timeslot. So. I agree with and understand the decision (like my opinion matters). Perhaps air the shows with an on-air mention of their intended airdates.

--- Quote from: cmjb13 on November 23, 2020, 09:14:52 PM ---From press release...

--- Quote ---Alex believed in the importance of Jeopardy! and always said that he wanted the show to go on after him,” said Jeopardy! Executive Producer Mike Richards.
--- End quote ---

What an odd comment. The show was going to go on no matter what.

--- End quote ---
Is it? Sounds like a stock comment that I've heard many directors and producers use in light of the death of a cast member in the middle of a production. Of course the show was going to go on, but after how much time off? Turns out the answer is not much and I think that's what partially inspired the comments.

BrandonFG:

--- Quote from: cmjb13 on November 23, 2020, 09:14:52 PM ---From press release...

--- Quote ---Alex believed in the importance of Jeopardy! and always said that he wanted the show to go on after him,” said Jeopardy! Executive Producer Mike Richards.
--- End quote ---

What an odd comment. The show was going to go on no matter what.

--- End quote ---
I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that whoever does Jeopardy!'s PR simply wrote a nice, professional enough quote that sounds like something a person of Mike's stature would say. Like Jason said, it's a typical stock quote.

bulldog_06:
All of this is great...I just want LeVar Burton or Laura Coates to get a week of shows doing this.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version