The Game Show Forum > The Big Board

"Name That Tune" Revival for the USA - but filmed in Australia.

<< < (3/8) > >>

jjman920:
I guess they consider Beat Shazam to be a summer show? Wouldn't be surprised if they filmed a Father's Day episode (I think they've done that in past). So, they're just going to keep hold of it until next summer since they know they probably won't be able to have an audience when they go to film another season. I get why, but disappointed.

MikeK:
I hope this NTT utilizes standards and classic showtunes (nothing against Hamilton and other contemporary Broadway shows), just to differentiate it from Beat Shazam.  The problem is you generally lose the key demographic when you break out the Gilbert and Sullivan.

Matt Ottinger:

--- Quote from: MikeK on November 19, 2020, 04:03:10 AM ---I hope this NTT utilizes standards and classic showtunes (nothing against Hamilton and other contemporary Broadway shows), just to differentiate it from Beat Shazam.  The problem is you generally lose the key demographic when you break out the Gilbert and Sullivan.
--- End quote ---

Krakowski is steeped in classic Broadway.  She even has a Tony award.   I too hope that we'll have a broader selection of music than what Beat Shazam offers.  American Idol and even Dancing with the Stars have appealed to the entire family, not a specific demographic, by doing just that.

JakeT:

--- Quote from: Matt Ottinger on November 19, 2020, 08:48:17 AM ---
--- Quote from: MikeK on November 19, 2020, 04:03:10 AM ---I hope this NTT utilizes standards and classic showtunes (nothing against Hamilton and other contemporary Broadway shows), just to differentiate it from Beat Shazam.  The problem is you generally lose the key demographic when you break out the Gilbert and Sullivan.
--- End quote ---

Krakowski is steeped in classic Broadway.  She even has a Tony award.   I too hope that we'll have a broader selection of music than what Beat Shazam offers.  American Idol and even Dancing with the Stars have appealed to the entire family, not a specific demographic, by doing just that.

--- End quote ---

I wouldn't get your hopes up...the promo I've seen demonstrates trying to guess a Billie Eilish song in three notes...from that promo alone, I found myself tempted to say "nahhhhh...pass..." already...

calliaume:

--- Quote from: JakeT on November 19, 2020, 06:38:40 PM ---
--- Quote from: Matt Ottinger on November 19, 2020, 08:48:17 AM ---
--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

I wouldn't get your hopes up...the promo I've seen demonstrates trying to guess a Billie Eilish song in three notes...from that promo alone, I found myself tempted to say "nahhhhh...pass..." already...

--- End quote ---
This was (to me) the problem with the 1970s version of the show--the songs seemed to be primarily from the prerock era (that may have changed a bit the last couple of years of the Kennedy run). And that probably appealed to their primary audience target of people in their 30s, 40s, and 50s, but as a preteen and teen I was often hopelessly lost. I hope they do try to appeal to a broad crosssection of age groups, but I imagine that would be a challenge.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version