The Game Show Forum > The Big Board

New Survey: Greatest Succession Game Show Hosts

<< < (6/7) > >>

ChrisLambert!:
or those who watched the most popular sitcom of the ‘90s, but you know.

cyclone45:
I'm probably in the minority, but I think Davidson did an amicable job on Squares . That said, I grew up with his version, so...

Sonic Whammy:

--- Quote from: cyclone45 on September 13, 2020, 08:40:30 PM ---I'm probably in the minority, but I think Davidson did an amicable job on Squares . That said, I grew up with his version, so...

--- End quote ---
I'd say we all did around these parts. We needed GSN in 2002 in order to finally see Peter, even if we learned of it long before then.

BTW, looking back over the list, a couple other names I feel bad we let slip save for one person each:
Robert Earle, the other Golden Age host here, and effectively one-hit wonder in the process
Pat Finn, proof lottery game shows deserve a little more love thanks to him and Geoff

PYLdude:
Davidson wasn’t bad, but the show was just so badly produced. Two full rounds of play and no traffic cop as a host equals bad. Bauman was no Peter Marshall but he kept the game rolling. (Then again, the production staff at Goodson was light years ahead of the one at Century Towers, so...)

Harry Friedman wasn’t working his magic back then unfortunately.

SuperMatch93:

--- Quote from: Sonic Whammy on September 15, 2020, 12:28:46 AM ---
--- Quote from: cyclone45 on September 13, 2020, 08:40:30 PM ---I'm probably in the minority, but I think Davidson did an amicable job on Squares . That said, I grew up with his version, so...

--- End quote ---
I'd say we all did around these parts. We needed GSN in 2002 in order to finally see Peter, even if we learned of it long before then.

BTW, looking back over the list, a couple other names I feel bad we let slip save for one person each:
Robert Earle, the other Golden Age host here, and effectively one-hit wonder in the process
Pat Finn, proof lottery game shows deserve a little more love thanks to him and Geoff

--- End quote ---

I was the one who voted for Earle because having seen both him and Ludden host the show, I felt he gave a lot of energy to an otherwise dry (but still wonderful) game.

As someone who grew up with Bergeron Squares and having not seen an episode of Davidson until recently, I do think Tom was better than John when it came to avoiding Mr. Game Show Syndrome. Not to mention that everything about 80s Squares came off to me as the type of overly cheesy game show you'd see on a sitcom.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version