The Game Show Forum > Game Show Channels & Networks

BUZZR stuff on Amazon Prime

<< < (8/9) > >>

Matt Ottinger:

--- Quote from: MSTieScott on May 12, 2021, 01:08:49 AM ---At the risk of threadjacking
--- End quote ---

Too late!

--- Quote from: MSTieScott on May 12, 2021, 01:08:49 AM ---I've started to wonder whether Bill Cullen deserves more credit for making Blockbusters work. I really enjoy the game, but his tangents are what give the episodes a comforting daytime talk show kind of feel.
--- End quote ---

That's my boy.

Every Second Counts was a great, forgotten gem that must have been crazy-challenging to host (especially the lightning-quick bonus round) and was probably Rafferty's best work.  Having to be compared with three iconic hosts for his two other gigs couldn't have done any favors to his reputation.

BillCullen1:
I never had a problem with Rafferty hosting BB or CS. He was a humorous host who didn't take himself too seriously. He was a smart aleck, but so were Eubanks, Rayburn and Sajak. I also thought Rafferty could have handled the Family Feud revival in '88.

Strikerz04:
I'm on "Team Rafferty" myself. That smart-alecky demeanor on all three shows were a departure from the predecessors. Bill mastered BB without a doubt.

/His standup was also pretty funny for the time.

TimK2003:

--- Quote from: BillCullen1 on May 14, 2021, 11:41:55 AM ---I never had a problem with Rafferty hosting BB or CS. He was a humorous host who didn't take himself too seriously. He was a smart aleck, but so were Eubanks, Rayburn and Sajak. I also thought Rafferty could have handled the Family Feud revival in '88.

--- End quote ---

Buzzr has a CS promo now that mentions all 3 hosts.  Is Rafferty's version currently airing somewhere on the sched?

snowpeck:

--- Quote from: TimK2003 on July 25, 2021, 10:57:30 PM ---
--- Quote from: BillCullen1 on May 14, 2021, 11:41:55 AM ---I never had a problem with Rafferty hosting BB or CS. He was a humorous host who didn't take himself too seriously. He was a smart aleck, but so were Eubanks, Rayburn and Sajak. I also thought Rafferty could have handled the Family Feud revival in '88.

--- End quote ---

Buzzr has a CS promo now that mentions all 3 hosts.  Is Rafferty's version currently airing somewhere on the sched?

--- End quote ---

Not at the moment.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version