The Game Show Forum > Game Show Channels & Networks

BUZZR stuff on Amazon Prime

<< < (7/9) > >>

narzo:

--- Quote from: Blanquepage on April 01, 2021, 04:24:03 PM ---Hi there,

FYI there's more of Bill's Blockbusters, now going up to #159.

--- End quote ---

I know, there's something wrong with me, I literally just thought "BILL RAFFERTY EPISODES ARE UP?  YAY!!!!!!!" 

Bryce L.:
To be honest, surprised his Blockbusters episodes haven't gone on the air yet, considering they've run a few weeks of his Card Sharks shows.

MSTieScott:
The fact that Buzzr hasn't aired more of Rafferty's Card Sharks probably explains why they haven't aired his Blockbusters. At least he's in the new promo.

At the risk of threadjacking, I've started to wonder whether Bill Cullen deserves more credit for making Blockbusters work. I really enjoy the game, but his tangents are what give the episodes a comforting daytime talk show kind of feel.

Jimmy Owen:
Rafferty was a little too smart alecky on BB and not particularly warm as a game show host. The lack of a set was also a minus. Give me Bill Cullen anytime

tyshaun1:

--- Quote from: Jimmy Owen on May 12, 2021, 01:35:29 PM ---Rafferty was a little too smart alecky on BB and not particularly warm as a game show host. The lack of a set was also a minus. Give me Bill Cullen anytime.

--- End quote ---
I'm in agreement that Rafferty just never seemed to really work for me on any show he did, notwithstanding Every Second Counts as I barely have any memories of that show. Between BB and CS however, I thought he was better on Blockbusters. I think the Goodson team was looking for somebody that could inject more comedy into their games, hence Rafferty, Combs, and them giving Bruce Forsyth a hard look before giving Eubanks the nod for Card Sharks.
As for the aesthetics, outside of the game board, I liked the '87 set better than the '80 set, but many of the Goodson shows in the 80's had cheap looking sets compared to their previous incarnations.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version