The Game Show Forum > The Big Board

Which game show had the best pilot?

<< < (5/6) > >>

Sodboy13:

--- Quote from: MikeK on August 21, 2020, 08:53:26 PM ---Adding this since it came up in a conversation.  The Name That Tune pilot from 1990 with Peter Allen is amazing.  Unfortunately, we know how game shows did that year.

--- End quote ---

I got to see this during this past weekend's marathon, and boy, what a fun time. Peter Allen was a little uneven at times, and maybe the front game could use a few tweaks. But you could tell that once he settled into the routine of five-a-week, this could have been a perfect fit of host and format. It also had a bit of a UK feel to it, as it made the host more of a true "star" of the show.

Sodboy13:

--- Quote from: chrisholland03 on August 25, 2020, 08:14:11 AM ---Having the teams come through the mushroom

--- End quote ---

So we've just given up entirely on phrasing, then.

bulldog_06:
TKO with Peter Tomarken was a pretty good pilot. The two rounds of building up cash and then attempting to survive by "knockout" to the end in the third and final round. I would have loved to see the show go on 5-days-a-week to see who would have built up the most money for the week.

Strikerz04:
Second Guess.
Twisters.
But TKO may have to be my most favorite of them all.

tyshaun1:

--- Quote from: bulldog_06 on August 26, 2020, 03:35:31 AM ---TKO with Peter Tomarken was a pretty good pilot. The two rounds of building up cash and then attempting to survive by "knockout" to the end in the third and final round. I would have loved to see the show go on 5-days-a-week to see who would have built up the most money for the week.

--- End quote ---
I thought it was enjoyable as well, but unfortunately Q&A games generally didn't work in daytime, and this one modeled itself after Jeopardy!.
I thought Split Decision and Lucky Numbers were solid pilots that didn't need much tweaking to go to series. Were they both for ABC?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version