Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Shows that plugged the home game of a different game show?  (Read 1779 times)

SamJ93

Shows that plugged the home game of a different game show?
« on: July 03, 2021, 12:08:10 PM »
I can't seem to find any video evidence of it, unfortunately, but I very clearly remember several Jeopardy! eps. from 1997-8 that plugged the TPiR electronic handheld game as a consolation prize. I assume they had some kind of general contract with Tiger, but it was still very strange to see a different game show--from a competing production company, no less--advertised.

Were there any other instances, besides this and that Eye Guess ep. where Bill shows the Password home game as a joke, where a game show advertised a home game other than their own?
It's a well-known fact that Lincoln loved mayonnaise!

ChrisLambert!

• Overthrow, Sister Havana
Re: Shows that plugged the home game of a different game show?
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2021, 12:26:00 PM »
John Davidson gave losing contestants other shows’ box games several times on Squares.
@lambertman

Marc412

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2021, 12:33:10 PM »
In the early 90s contestants got both Jeopardy! and Wheel of Fortune video games.

TimK2003

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2021, 02:38:19 PM »
The Special Celebrity Edition of Talk About, with Geoff Edwards, Marc Summers,.... had Geoff plugging the Jackpot home game (although I believe that Milton-Bradley game was long off the store shelves by then).

doctorwho

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2021, 07:33:04 PM »
ISTR Wheel of Fortune's Jackpot Round being sponsored by the Tiger Electronics Family Feud game at some point in the late 90s.

Robair

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2021, 06:54:32 PM »
"Card Sharks" actually ran ads for "Sale of the Century" by Pressman -- a show that directly opposed it.
--Robair